Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1 or 2 handed bowling?

We are still waiting to see any supported data or physical proof that back up your original statements.

I think two handed is better is because you get double accuracy, loft and power

Two handers generally do not struggle with spares as much as they used to.

Two handed is especially helpful on a sport pattern.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

SandBagger
    Chats: 7

some1 else posted that half of the youth leagues bowls two handed. I saw it too

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by 2handedsniper View Post
    Can you please explain your obsession with the 2 handed style of bowling? It's strange being that you don't use that style of bowling.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Pin Crusher

I watched my nephew's junior league last Saturday. 36 kids from the age of 8-18, and not a single one of them threw two handed. Since I'm from a reasonably sized metropolitan area, I'd have to say that 2-handed bowling is not the new norm.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Chats: 10

I never see anyone bowl two hands at the two center si bowl at.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

I've only seen 1 adult bowler and zero youth bowlers bowling 2 handed here in Vegas, but I'm guessing there are a couple more.

I also took note that nobody from age 50 & up was bowling 2 handed during the Southern Nevada USBC Senior Singles Tournament 2 weeks ago. I'll see if there are any there this weekend. Pretty sure there are not going to be any.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

SandBagger

well thats why the scores are so low and the PBA is going downhill

well thats why the scores are so low and the PBA is going downhill
    I'll ask the question again: Can you please explain your obsession with the 2 handed style of bowling? It's strange being that you don't use that style of bowling.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by ep1977 View Post
    Can you please explain your obsession with the 2 handed style of bowling? It's strange being that you don't use that style of bowling.
    Based on the video presented here, (and the description) he bowls two handed, what he doesn't do is bowl underhanded.

In my years of bowling, the only time I saw someone use a technique like his was from someone in the "short bus" crowd.

However I found what must be a long lost relative of his.

Supposedly the video is of a person named Matt Jones... USBC# 5482-420
    Last edited by Mike White; 10-07-2016 at 10:36 PM.

SandBagger

if the pros and USBC champion bowlers were trained during there youth in 80s 90s 00s two handed scores would be higher and sport would be healthier would you rather carry a heavy box one handed or two handed?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast