Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1 or 2 handed bowling?

SandBagger
    Chats: 7

Default 1 or 2 handed bowling?

I think two handed is better is because you get double accuracy, loft and power
    Again during a recent event Belmo and Sim0nsen were in the finals. 2 finalist out of 4% of entries.
    Belmo only 3 time straight player of the year. Two handers generally do not struggle with spares as much as they used to.
    Two handed is especially helpful on a sport pattern.

Chats: 0

The big question will be how will 2 handers bodies hold up when the bowlers get older. Honestly I can't see Belmo bowling in the PBA50.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by 2handedsniper View Post
    How does two handed bowling make you twice as accurate?

Why would being able to loft a ball twice as far be helpful?

More power? Yeah maybe, but there are one handed bowlers that can crank the ball just as much.

Again during a recent event Belmo and Sim0nsen were in the finals. 2 finalist out of 4% of entries.
    Alright 2 bowlers out of a 4% minority made it to the finals, what did that tell us or how does that indicate two handed bowling is better?

Belmo only 3 time straight player of the year.
    What Belmo only throws a straight ball?

Two handers generally do not struggle with spares as much as they used to.
    So Two-handers have practiced and are better at picking up spares now. How does that indicate that two handed bowling is better than using one?

Okay, Explain why?

Note: Throwing a bowling ball like a Rugby ball spin pass is not the same thing as what Belmo and the other two-handed approach bowlers are doing.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 10-06-2016 at 08:26 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by ep1977 View Post
    The big question will be how will 2 handers bodies hold up when the bowlers get older. Honestly I can't see Belmo bowling in the PBA50.
    I agree with this.

IMO, it appears that the 2 handers put much more strain on their bodies than 1 handers/ especially when they take that hop at steps 4 & 5 (3 & 4 for some). I just looks like the knees are taking much more abuse, along with everything else.

I certainly have no data to say that any of this is true. It's just an observation.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

I've watched the men's championships the last three weeks on cbs network, and all three winners were one handers.

SandBagger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms45F2hzMgw note chris Via, ABT USBC amateur chamnp of 120 entries does not always hop and power step
    I do not always hop and power step and I came within 12 pins of cashing in on highway to hell.

Pin Crusher

You need to concentrate on making your own game better, and stop trying to convince the rest of us that we should switch to two-handed bowling. Have you noticed that just about every time you make a comment on here, you get shredded?

Belmo 3-time player of the year? Ever watch a tournament where he destroys a lane for everyone else bowling? Nothing illegal about that, but I'd be unhappy if I were out there. Also, last I watched, I didn't see him doing spectacular on the animal patterns.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Belmo only 3 time straight player of the year. Two handers generally do not struggle with spares as much as they used to.
    In order for your opinion to have value you first must have credibility, you do not have that.

This is just a poorly constructed list of unsubstantiated comments, what information do you have to back up "double accuracy, loft and power", or "especially helpful on sport pattern", and why would "not struggling as much as they used to" be a selling point.

Since you don't use a style similar to the two handed bowlers you mention, what does this have to do with you. Maybe the question should be why should one bowl with a rugby throw instead of common two handed or single handed bowling.....show us the proof is has any value and deserves to be taken seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms45F2hzMgw note chris Via, ABT USBC amateur chamnp of 120 entries does not always hop and power step
    I do not always hop and power step and I came within 12 pins of cashing in on highway to hell.
    Honestly I don't consider you a "2 handed" style bowler. All 2 handers have a very similar style especially at the release but your style is nothing like that.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

SandBagger

having used a 10 pound ball since i was 5 i see my arms starting to go already

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast