Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Relative "Strengths" of bowling balls

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Only 4 balls in the line have a significantly higher hook potential (+15 or more) 22% than the VDZ
    Wouldn't it be more accurate to say only 4 balls are marketed as having higher hook potential.

When you know there is the potential they are lying to you, you shouldn't eliminate that possibility in your conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Yes it is nice to be able to discuss stuff and disagree without people getting pissy.

I agree my wife has the Braniac and I have a strong length drilling on my VDZ and they are pretty similar. I think that a lot of PSO's really thought the ball to be similar to the LT-48 and put less aggressive drillings on the ball originally I had my MM Einstein at 4k and I've now got it at 500/3000 because the balls were to close together. I really like the looks of the Quantum's too especially the red one but I'm going to wait until the VDZ starts to die off some first. I have to say that ball is really holding up well it's been my first ball out of the bag for quite a while now and it doesn't seem to have lost much performance at all.
    I don't think the VDZ is going to die off anytime soon because of the improvements made from the original, and I do see a lot of people using one around here. The original was also popular back in the day, and if the Vintage is kept clean I think it could last you for quite a few years as well.

I also think, that, all of the balls you listed (and then some), except for the Soul, are going to be around for quite a while.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Wouldn't it be more accurate to say only 4 balls are marketed as having higher hook potential.

When you know there is the potential they are lying to you, you shouldn't eliminate that possibility in your conclusions.
    True Mike how truthful the ratings are is subjective at best but I've found them at least somewhat useful. I've had the opportunity to try most of the balls in the current lineup except the newest ones and the only ones I've really questioned are any of the Melee line which just simply don't roll right for me (other have been very successful with it) and the newest Mastermind the Strategy which I haven't got to try yet personally but I have two teammates that use it and with them it reacts like a spare ball but neither of them have much hand so might just be them.

Everything in bowling subjective so to add it in the comments is just redundant lol.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234