Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The bumbling sniper

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    I'm with the rest. It's hard to ignore when he makes it so easy to tear him down, But I will resist!
    Funny, that was my thinking about "He who shall remain unnamed"

Chats: 4

My,my, we're being a little cheeky aren't we guys/gals towards
    another board member. Yeah he might be aggravating with his
    post but I mean still......he is one of our members are we going
    to be like some of the other forms and make fun of some newby
    bowlers questions???????

That is why I liked being here in this forum as it used to be a great
    place but it seems like here lately people are really getting down on
    others and making fun of them for no reasons other than posting some
    crazy questions.

I say if you don't want to read and answer his/their question(s) then
    just ignore them but... I kind of find his questions quite amusing.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 1

it's one thing when a new bowler asks questions and takes into consideration the suggestions that are given. But it's obvious he's trolling us and getting his giggles on our reactions. The worst thing about it is the fact that he is trying to help other people who are trying to learn and get better and he is doing everyone a disservice.

Quote Originally Posted by drlawsoniii View Post
    it's one thing when a new bowler asks questions and takes into consideration the suggestions that are given. But it's obvious he's trolling us and getting his giggles on our reactions. The worst thing about it is the fact that he is trying to help other people who are trying to learn and get better and he is doing everyone a disservice.
    And when he gets called out on something, he has no response! He can't back up a thing he says!
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Here is a good idea lets build a wall and not let people speak who disagree with us. What do you people do for fun? If someone posts something outrageous say so don't tell them to go away. Some day they might say something brilliant. Until then have some fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Here is a good idea lets build a wall and not let people speak who disagree with us. What do you people do for fun? If someone posts something outrageous say so don't tell them to go away. Some day they might say something brilliant. Until then have some fun with it.
    You and I have had our share of disagreements with each other, and on the rare occasion we do agree on something.

But, the bigger issue with this guy is when we do call him out, there is no response or justification from him to support his statements. His credibility has gone well below zero.

His lying keeps getting him further into a hole, especially when it comes to his bowling scores. I looked at his 3 posts yesterday on his scores, and his claims of how good he thinks he is is nowhere near what he has claimed in the past.

Most reasonable people would have taken some of the suggestions we have said to him to heart and not get outlandish with his claims. But since he hasn't, I think most of us agree there are 2 possible issues with him. 1) He's mentally challenged. 2) He's a troll. Maybe both.

It has gotten to the point of where many people here have grown a bit testy over time, and you can see it in their posts. And while we all might get a tad testy on the rare occasion, it continues to grow towards him.

And while you could be correct where he could come up with something brilliant, I and many others here don't see how that's going to happen anytime in the near future.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Chats: 32

Here's my opinion on the sniper. He's a troll and adds nothing to the conversation here. I would support him more if he were at least funny unfortunately we can't even read it for comedy value. I don't respond to his posts on most occasions. That said he's not attacking anyone or really causing problems so I can't support kicking him. Warning to sniper at least be funny or I might change my mind. lol
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Ringer

Everyone just needs to chill out on the guy. He isn't the first or last person to give bad advice on this site.

Pin Crusher

I like to go to the profile page and look at view profile page. Many don't give any info many give a lot. When you don't give much your opinion weighs less. One I noticed was a bowler who said his avg. was 216 yet his high series was 660 and high game was 258. Sounded fishy maybe he just punched in the wrong stats. Other experts have unimpressive stats. Just remember the old saying those who can do, those who can't coach. Not a rule but sometimes true.

Chats: 55

THIS - someday I may post something brilliant, until then, deal with me - probably the only female sort of participating on these boards.

On the other issue, I agree his posts are somewhat annoying - mostly because they don't make sense. I always tend to bypass those. And then on some of the posts, I start to respond and then....shake my head, erase the post, and go forward - not that much time on my hands. Don't see much reason to ban. He'll lose interest and move on shortly.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast