Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Detroit Open

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Mike you saying you have never used the term behind the head pin? Maybe the term too far back from the ideal pocket hit. It started hooking too far down lane and had a bad angle. Most times you will leave a weak 10. Your pulling my leg aren't you. Was this a test? Come on.
    I don't use the term "behind the head pin" to describe what happened.

If I've said those words, it's to identify those words being said by someone else.

It's simply the ball is contacting the head pin too far right of optimal.

The path the pin takes after contact is directly related to where on the pin the contact is made.

Draw a line from the point of contact on the pin, thru the center of the pin and beyond. Technically that's a ray, not a line.

If the contact is behind the front half of the ball, the ray is pointing left, and somewhat forward.

If you hit the pin that "thin", you're lucky to even get the pin to fall.

The optimal pocket shot drives the pin back at 30 degrees off of straight back (straight back being a path parallel to the boards).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I've heard the term used that way but factually Mike is correct. I threw a ball yesterday in league where the ball came in behind the headpin and left the 2-8-10
    I highly doubt even your 2-8-10 actually came in behind the head pin.

I'll see if I can find any bowling video where it's even close to the actual coming in behind the head pin.

The first ball thrown is about as close to "coming in behind the head pin" as I can find on Youtube.

Notice the path of the head pin after the ball contacts it.

It almost slides into the left gutter while standing up.
    Last edited by Mike White; 10-14-2016 at 01:16 AM.

Chats: 0

It really sucks that they had HORRENDOUS sound issues during the one week where they film a bunch of events. It's hard to watch with the sound constatnly cutting out. CBS should be embarrassed!!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ep1977 View Post
    It really sucks that they had HORRENDOUS sound issues during the one week where they film a bunch of events. It's hard to watch with the sound constatnly cutting out. CBS should be embarrassed!!!
    Do you blame the Trucking Company that delivered your refridgerator to the store, because when you bought it, it was missing the sensor to stop the ice cube maker from overfilling?

CBS delivered to you the crap that the PBA delivered to CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Do you blame the Trucking Company that delivered your refridgerator to the store, because when you bought it, it was missing the sensor to stop the ice cube maker from overfilling?

CBS delivered to you the crap that the PBA delivered to CBS.
    Hence why I said CBS should be embarrassed! The PBA is not position to even call them on it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Ringer

So the pba does the taping and not CBS ? I would of thought it was CBS gig.

Pin Crusher

Could they not have redid the sound after the fact. The announcers might have even been able to look smarter. It was a month old.

The sound was horrendous not only on all of the telecasts from Detroit, but for most of the PWBA telecasts on CBS Sports Network. That's completely pathetic.

Pin Crusher

Oh and a couple of them started late and if you recorded it you probably lost the end. Add 15 minutes to the king of swing..

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Oh and a couple of them started late and if you recorded it you probably lost the end. Add 15 minutes to the king of swing..
    I just got finished watching my recording from last night and it ended in the 8th frame or so of the finals

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast