Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry for bad quality. If I should re-do please let me know but I need help....

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by regaldozer View Post
    Well, not to be a copy cat, but yeah the videos are a little grainy, but what the heck you were still able to get the main point across, so good job there.
    Looking from the back.... what I'm seeing, is an approach that might be just a touch too fast. Noticeably, you're falling off your shot. Rule of thumb...If you fall to your right your feet are too fast, fall to your left your feet are too slow. So that's the first thing. 2nd you're taking a 5 step approach, but you're first step, which should help you slow down, should be a very short shuffle with your left foot. Don't take a step just slide your shoe 6-10 inches. your ball push away then goes out on your 2nd step (not the first shuffle). That should slow you down a bit.

Next, look carefully at the position of your right leg. If you can kick it out more to the left, it'll do 2 things for you; one it will definitely help with your balance and 2nd it'll get the ball in closer to your slide leg.

As far as you lofting the ball, try and release the ball closer to your shoe laces on your slide foot. You have a good amount of knee bend (2nd video), so it's not that you're going to the line stiff legged. I believe you're just hanging on to the ball too long.

You didn't say what type or weight ball you're throwing. When trying to analyze someone, it's always good to know what they're throwing. So let us know that.

Watch some of the release videos on You Tube that are slo mo and you'll see what I'm talking about with the release.

When you practice next time try to "post your shot" at the foul line. That means you remain in your balanced position until the ball drops off of the pin deck. .

Try these tips, get a better camera man (LOL) and send us some shots after you've done some more practicing. Let us know how you're doing or if you have any questions, just ask. Good luck.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    It's hard to tell because of the quality of the video, but the one thing that jumps out at me is the difference between the two shots. On the shot from the back view you are hitting up and lofting the ball onto the lane. On the side view, you seem to be dropping the ball. I think that the first thing that you need to do is to have your hand measured and your grip checked. Something is not adding up to consistency.

I didn't notice that in the side shot Rob, But we also cannot see how the ball is reacting in either video. Timing and balance look fine to me. And I found out that thumb pitch plays a big part in your release.
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12