Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry for bad quality. If I should re-do please let me know but I need help....

Thumbs up Sorry for bad quality. If I should re-do please let me know but I need help....

Am I not getting any replies because of the poor video?

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I didn't see your post originally and although the video is a little blurry I think everything looks pretty good for the most part. Timing from the side view is pretty good. From the back view, it looks like you put the ball behind you a little bit but if that is something you do consistently, I wouldn't be concerned about it. I also say it looks like you grabbed the ball a little bit on the release causing you to loft it. Again, if that is just how you throw the ball, I wouldn't say it's a major concern.

Is there anything in particular that you are struggling with that you wanted someone to look at your form?

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by regaldozer View Post
    Am I not getting any replies because of the poor video?
    Yes, a little better quality video would help. They are the correct views to show, one from behind the ball side shoulder and one from the side.

It would also help to know what you feel you need help with. There is so much individual variation in this sport that I might see something that "looks wrong" to me, that has nothing to do with your actual problem.
    John

Thanks Jason,
    Yes, what has been happening lately is a lot of washouts. I'm not getting the late hook I was when I got the new ball. You mention grabbing the ball at release causing loft. I have been told and know I have a grip pressure issue. But I can't seem to get a consistent light pressure where the thumb leaves first and the tips roll the ball. My thumb hole is perfect BUT I did throw my partners ball and his thumbhole was really loose for me. But I tell you I threw the best shot of the day with that ball.......Do I work on grip pressure drills (are there such things?) or have the pro shop open the thumb hole? I have asked him and he really doesnt want me to. I'm looking for other opinions beside the knuckleheads on my team and the one pro shop owner. thanks

it could be your thumb pitch (or the whole grip/span) that's making you grip. Reverse pitch can do that, make you "squeeze". especially when bowlers don't use thumb tape, like the white texture tape to fine tune their fit.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Ok so you said you aren't getting the same hook as the ball was new, that may just be a ball maintenance thing where you need to get the balled de-oiled or resurfaced. I had the same thing happen to me when I got back into bowling 4 years ago. Bought a Ebonite Pursuit-S and loved the ball but after about 100 games I lost my ball reaction and I thought it was me and I slumped and tried everything for about 6 weeks. It wasn't until I baked my ball and got about 2 teaspoons of oil out that I got my ball reaction back.

For a tip to help your thumb release first, try feeling the back of your thumb hole with your thumb nail. If this causes you to drop the ball, try some tape to make the thumb hole more snug and focus on feeling the wall of the hole with your thumbnail. That should prevent you from gripping.

Chats: 32

I don't see anyhtig massively wrong at least as far a I can tell with the video quality. My mind wonders to Jason's post how old is the ball and about how many games?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

just to give you an idea about my thumb fit and my grip. the ball is hold my hand and my hand holding the ball.. it's the only way I can describe it. I don't use any "pressing" on my fingers or thumb. The only pressure I feel is the ball resting on my palm, more on the base of my index finger.

It's hard to tell because of the quality of the video, but the one thing that jumps out at me is the difference between the two shots. On the shot from the back view you are hitting up and lofting the ball onto the lane. On the side view, you seem to be dropping the ball. I think that the first thing that you need to do is to have your hand measured and your grip checked. Something is not adding up to consistency.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast