Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: people talking to mess you up

SandBagger
    Chats: 7

Default people talking to mess you up

I've been getting turkeys lately so people now talk or do the arm lift during my shot.
    How to not let it bother me

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

The arm lift???

Easy just ignore them and concentrate on your shot.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    The arm lift???

Easy just ignore them and concentrate on your shot.
    I'm guessing arm lift as in throwing your arms up in a wtf or disgust type of motion like when someone throws a Brooklyn or hits at the 2/4 and somehow topples over everything for a strike, because you would probably have the same reaction of not expecting a strike from a throw like that

Quote Originally Posted by chrono00 View Post
    I'm guessing arm lift as in throwing your arms up in a wtf or disgust type of motion like when someone throws a Brooklyn or hits at the 2/4 and somehow topples over everything for a strike, because you would probably have the same reaction of not expecting a strike from a throw like that
    Like most bowlers, you know when your ball is going to Brooklyn. As soon as I release the ball and know it's heading there, I point that way. Some times I have to pray for a little help and love. lol
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

When they are not looking spit in their thumb hole. Then laugh real loud when they stick their thumb in.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    When they are not looking spit in their thumb hole. Then laugh real loud when they stick their thumb in.
    Come on, be a "man", spit in their thumb hole, while they ARE looking.

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by 2handedsniper View Post
    I've been getting turkeys lately so people now talk or do the arm lift during my shot.
    How to not let it bother me
    Ignore them and get more strikes...really pisses them off.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    Like most bowlers, you know when your ball is going to Brooklyn. As soon as I release the ball and know it's heading there, I point that way. Some times I have to pray for a little help and love. lol
    Yea I can usually tell right away if my ball is gonna make the pocket, wash out to the right or cross over.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by chrono00 View Post
    Yea I can usually tell right away if my ball is gonna make the pocket, wash out to the right or cross over.
    How would you explain this momentary ability to see into the future?

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

If you don't have a really good idea when you release the ball where it is going you are in trouble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast