Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Left hander missing left on 6 and 10 pins

Chats: 0

Thanks for the reply! I went back to using my strike ball for the 6 and 10 and my plastic ball for the 4 and 7. Having better luck that way. I stand where you do for the 7 and stand left and go over second arrow for the 10.

John,

I went back to using my plastic ball for the 6 and 10 last week and am going over the 3rd arrow and made them all! I am going to keep working on that and stay with it!

Thanks,

Brian

PS 728 series last week

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerdad34 View Post
    Thanks john bullheaded me was alway stuck on the second arrow where I used to use my strike ball to shoot the 6 and 10. Never thought of trying more in the middle! I will give it a shot and let you know!

Brian
    Brian, the spare shooting system I teach, and it is my own I've use for over 45 years, is to always use the middle ten boards to shoot spares (and splits). I have a spare shooting percentage well over 90% and I've taught Hundreds of bowlers, Kids and Adults alike, this system. Basically you're using the heavy part of the lanes oil to your advantage. So I always will tell bowlers to shoot somewhere between 15 and 25 as your target board. I teach a visual system, where you "don't look at your feet" when you line up for a spare. It's all visual. You draw an invisible line between the center of your body the middle arrow and the target pin. A lefty you'd shoot the 5th arrow (for a righty) but your 3rd arrow. Remember, accuracy is paramount but you do have a margin of error. If you're shooting the 6 pin, for example, you're shooting at a 21" target. Yup, That's what I said 21". All one pinners are 21" wide. Like Hitting a Bull in the axx, with a bass fiddle. LOL Good luck give it a try.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I have been out of town and have not checked this board or even bowled now for two weeks. I have had some success using my plastic ball and using the 15 board for my 6 and ten. I missed a couple left but believe that was because my shoulder was not lined up. Will keep you posted when I get back to it this weekend.

Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12