Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Secretary & Treasurer fees

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Default Secretary & Treasurer fees

So what is your league secretary and treasurer fees? My wed league uses the same person for both (as voted on) so she gets $.25 for each position, from each bowler, each night.

They distributed the prize funds this past week and it had the year end fee on there and I never paid attention to how lucrative it could be. Her fee for the season was over $1,800.

I've seen it range from .50 to $1/bowler/night.

While it appears to be lucrative, it ain't easy! lol
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

The house does all the scores in regards to inputting, printing recaps/standings and things to that nature. She has bowled on the pair next to me the first 6 weeks and it appears the job entails..

Collecting recaps (brought to her after bowling)
    Collecting pay envelopes (brought to her before end of game 1)
    Counting money
    Giving money to the house

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Based on the prize fund that was voted, she will make more from the league than a member of the 1st place team that also wins the roll off and gets team high game pay plus individual high game pay.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    Based on the prize fund that was voted, she will make more from the league than a member of the 1st place team that also wins the roll off and gets team high game pay plus individual high game pay.
    That's crazy!!! It's only acceptable if the position is voted on before each season.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

It is voted on prior to the league along with the other league officers. I just never realized how much it added up to until I saw it on the money breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    It is voted on prior to the league along with the other league officers. I just never realized how much it added up to until I saw it on the money breakdown.
    Since it's voted on she isn't guaranteed to hold the position which makes it fair in my opinion.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Pin Crusher

I am sec./treas. of a 5 man 24 team league. I certified (sanctioned) for you dinosaurs 185 bowlers last season. You forgot that part. At the seasons end I was responsible for 55 thousand dollars getting to the right people. I was paid $1600 or forty cents per bowler for that work.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    I am sec./treas. of a 5 man 24 team league. I certified (sanctioned) for you dinosaurs 185 bowlers last season. You forgot that part. At the seasons end I was responsible for 55 thousand dollars getting to the right people. I was paid $1600 or forty cents per bowler for that work.
    The house handles the sanctioning as well. They also prepare and send in the forms for awards/honor scores.. the league is also TNBA sanctioned and the secretary doesn't do anything for that certification.

Now for the prize money, she's does separate it and put it in envelopes for the various teams.

Chats: 256

One of my leagues is $0.75 per bowler. The old dude does nothing though. Doesn't even keep envelopes updated. At end of season doesn't even calculate what each bowler may owe. For a 38 team 5 person league, that is a lot of money to do basically just sit and collect envelopes each week. He doesn't even bowl.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast