Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Incentives/Prizes do your centers have?

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    I have been collecting pots for years and take 10% of the top as do the others who collect other pots. None of us take any tips. If offered we refuse. this started 20 years ago when a guy who won $1000 gave a $2.00 tip. Usually the ones who complain about anything are the ones who would not lift a finger to do anything extra.
    Our Brackets are $5 pay $30 for 1st and $5 for 2nd. Collector gets in free. There is a lot of work involved in collecting pots. $10 cut is too much that is 25%.
    I think what is missing now compared to years ago is trust, when money is involved.

The person collecting doesn't trust that they will be properly compensated for their efforts via tips, so they take their compensation up front.

The complainer doesn't trust that the collector is acting proper.

You say the complainer wouldn't "lift a finger" and become the collecter... well who is going to trust someone titled the complainer?

Back in the day, in a scratch league, the guy who was the collector.. (we had side pots, no brackets) was about 6' 5" 250 lbs.

I think the only reason he was the collector was he just wanted to be involved, I don't think he ever won anything.

One day when I won the first side pot, after collecting I gave the standard tip, and put the rest in my pocket.

Some spectator asked how much the side pot paid.... I said I didn't know, I didn't count it.

The asked, How do you know you got the right amount?

I said... Look at the guy (collector) if he shorted me, what am I going to do.... kick his azz?

Thats more "entertaining" than, I trust him.

Chats: 0

We have several jackpots going at a time in my league, but I've never even thought to ask if the house or the people collecting the money are taking a cut. We have brackets, Texas Hold'em, 2nd game mystery score, handicap jackpots, and a drawing where if they pull your name you have to throw a strike to win the jackpot. That jackpot is nearly $200 now. Not bad for one shot

Our place has 2 - if all players on your team strike in the 5th frame, the team gets a free pizza. The other is a Pot of Gold - you pay a dollar or two, and they draw 1 number for each game. If the last number of your score for all 3 games matches the numbers drawn, you win the pot. I think it's over $1,000 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dmet225 View Post
    Our place has 2 - if all players on your team strike in the 5th frame, the team gets a free pizza. The other is a Pot of Gold - you pay a dollar or two, and they draw 1 number for each game. If the last number of your score for all 3 games matches the numbers drawn, you win the pot. I think it's over $1,000 right now.
    Do you know this number ahead of time?

No. They draw the number near the end of each game.

The ultimate high would be getting a 900 series and drawing 0's for each game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    The ultimate high would be getting a 900 series and drawing 0's for each game
    And then have to split the pot with someone who shot 120, 130, 100.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

In our Texas hold em they hold back 20%..$22 from every board. This money is given away $1000 to bowlers who get a straight Flush or four of a kind. All money left over is for tournaments in the summer 6 are held and prize money is $600-$300-$200-$100 what is left is divided up between all making all three cuts.

We have a lucky digit game where you buy tickets and if picked you pick a card between 1 and 10 and have to get that amount of pins to win. It takes 3-4 weeks to reach $1000.
    After 6 weeks this year we have given away $17,029 in all the pots.

We are also missing a team this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    And then have to split the pot with someone who shot 120, 130, 100.
    Sandbagger

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Sandbagger
    When it comes to the "luck of the draw" I'm the worst.

In one league they had some money from things like strike frame, 50/50 tickets that they hadn't allocated.

To disburse the extra money they filled 60 envelopes with anywhere from $1 to $100, all consisting of just one bill.

There were 66 people who received a ticket, they drew 60.

I not only didn't win the $100, I was one of the 6 who didn't get an envelope.

On the flip side.

In another league they asked me to reach into the bucket and pull out a chip to determine the mystery score.

I pulled out 292. Probably the most difficult score to achieve.

Me and drawings... we don't get along.
    Last edited by Mike White; 10-17-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast