Thread: Ridiculous Pearl

Cool Ridiculous Pearl

Specs: Left Handed, 15 mph, ~400 rev rate, drilled my Ridiculous Pearl 50*5*40* (PAP is 4 1/2" over, 1/2" up). This puts the pin above (and just to the right of) the bridge for me. I chose this drilling because I had drilled my original Ridiculous and Ridiculous Asym both pin down, and I wanted to see some variety. For the record, the original and the Asym are phenomenal bowling balls. There are no other lines of equipment on the market today that compare to the Ridiculous line, and with the addition of the Pearl, it has just gotten even better.

This pearl cover is a fantastic cover, its extremely flexible in the sense that it accepts surface changes very well! Need extra shine or grit on the surface, and the core still "plays nicely". Some cores seem to dislike surface or shine....not this core. Oh yeah, and the color is freaking awesome too!!

For me, I have found it best to knock a little of the shine off. Just a light 4000 pad, by hand, and this gave me just the right look to blend the lanes front to back. If you've read any of my other recent reviews, all the bowling centers where I bowl league, have converted to Twisters.....this has prompted me to re-evaluate how my ball moves through the pin deck. With my Pearl I have been able to play just a slight bit deeper than my Xeno, and still quite a bit left of my Guru Limited. Overall, for me, comparing this to my original Ridiculous and Asym, this fits right in the middle. My original and Asym are both pin down, and have different cover preparations. Bottom line, if you haven't already picked out a benchmark ball, or you are looking to replace your current benchmark ball, this ball will be a great choice for which to start! Once you have this ball drilled, please don't hesitate to contact me and we can talk through other options within the Radical Bowling lineup that will fill any gap(s) you might have in your arsenal.
    I am happy to discuss any topic related to Radical Bowling Technologies. Please shoot me an email at: ChrisHeringer@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by chrisheringer View Post
    Specs: Left Handed, 15 mph, ~400 rev rate, drilled my Ridiculous Pearl 50*5*40* (PAP is 4 1/2" over, 1/2" up). This puts the pin above (and just to the right of) the bridge for me. I chose this drilling because I had drilled my original Ridiculous and Ridiculous Asym both pin down, and I wanted to see some variety. For the record, the original and the Asym are phenomenal bowling balls. There are no other lines of equipment on the market today that compare to the Ridiculous line, and with the addition of the Pearl, it has just gotten even better.

This pearl cover is a fantastic cover, its extremely flexible in the sense that it accepts surface changes very well! Need extra shine or grit on the surface, and the core still "plays nicely". Some cores seem to dislike surface or shine....not this core. Oh yeah, and the color is freaking awesome too!!

For me, I have found it best to knock a little of the shine off. Just a light 4000 pad, by hand, and this gave me just the right look to blend the lanes front to back. If you've read any of my other recent reviews, all the bowling centers where I bowl league, have converted to Twisters.....this has prompted me to re-evaluate how my ball moves through the pin deck. With my Pearl I have been able to play just a slight bit deeper than my Xeno, and still quite a bit left of my Guru Limited. Overall, for me, comparing this to my original Ridiculous and Asym, this fits right in the middle. My original and Asym are both pin down, and have different cover preparations. Bottom line, if you haven't already picked out a benchmark ball, or you are looking to replace your current benchmark ball, this ball will be a great choice for which to start! Once you have this ball drilled, please don't hesitate to contact me and we can talk through other options within the Radical Bowling lineup that will fill any gap(s) you might have in your arsenal.
    I am happy to discuss any topic related to Radical Bowling Technologies. Please shoot me an email at: ChrisHeringer@Gmail.com
    This is a darn good ball from Radical and can certainly be used as a benchmark ball.

The DV8 Vandal and the Vandal Smash can also be used as benchmark balls and can be used all night as well.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick