Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Contest Oct 24, 2016 to Oct 30, 2016 - DV8 Deviant Pearl

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by ep1977 View Post
    I've never thrown a DV8 so this would be a good one to win.
    You won't be disappointed with DV8. It's a great brand along with Brunswick and Radical!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I have heard I shouldn't keep throwing the asymmetrical ball (my Ruckus) all game long since it flattens out?!
    That all depends on if you're losing the shot. If your having consistent results throughout the series and aren't struggling to keep a working line, why change balls? If you end up losing the shot and you're third game scores are consistently worse than your first game scores, then whoever said this is probably on to something. Do you hear this from a person that watches you bowl or knows what your results are?

Simply put, an asymmetric ball will burn up faster, but that doesn't necessarily mean there is blanket statement that says 'do not use an asymmetric ball all night.' Depending on conditions, the time to change balls may be after the first game or it may be after you're finished. There are too many variables to simply say 'an asymmetric ball shouldn't be used all night' so consider the source of the advice and don't fix something if it isn't broken.

I haven't had much luck lately with my DV8 Thug Life, but I think that is primarily because it needs more oil than what they put down on my league nights. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot at a tournament later this winter. I'm definitely interested in trying some other DV8 options, they have the coolest ball names/designs.

Good luck everyone! Thanks for the chance at winning an awesome ball bowlingboards!

Thug Life cover (a ball that I love ) in a symmetrical ball . I really need this one to go with my other DV8 balls

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Congrats to last week's DV8 Deviant Pearl #bowling ball giveaway winner, Jason Wheeland!

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123