Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lane Masters is accepting applications

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

(Sorry can't edit on mobile)

One more note.. you are not required to be exclusive with LM/LF until you have 8 new release balls. So don't think you have to completely jump in an buy a whole Arsenal at once. Once you get to 8 balls it's assumed that you have a full Arsenal and have no reason to use another company. If you do any PBA events you're free to use whoever since as of this year LM didn't renew their PBA registration.

Chats: 0

Which company would you compare LM/LF to in terms of overall characteristics? Are there any gaps within their current offerings that you wish you had? How often do they release new balls?

Sorry, lots of questions; these amateur contracts have intrigued me in the past, but I've never pulled the trigger and tried to apply.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    Which company would you compare LM/LF to in terms of overall characteristics? Are there any gaps within their current offerings that you wish you had? How often do they release new balls?

Sorry, lots of questions; these amateur contracts have intrigued me in the past, but I've never pulled the trigger and tried to apply.
    Personally the only other company I have thrown in the past 15 or so years have been Storm. I'd say we have some balls that are comparable to Storm, and others that aren't. The Pandemic for example replaced my Alpha Crux. As a whole, I'd say more towards a Brunswick style with a little smoother reaction and not so much skid flip that Storm is known for. One of the biggest things I have noticed between these and other balls i have thrown is the predictability of them. They are very consistent.

As for gaps, I'd have to say that it's pretty well rounded at this time. We have the pandemic (LM), Blizzard (LF) for heavier oil, then for upper mid range there's the ExTerminator (LM), Prestige (LM) and Oddessy (LM).. getting into lower mid range there's a list of good ones. My personal favorite is the Yeah Baby (LM). A guy in my wed night league has gotten 3 balls from the Black Pearl line (LM) and shooting well with them. Then for higher low range we have the Wasp line (similar to the tropical storm or Hot line from storm). If you need a step down from there we have the a line of balls with pancake weight blocks and reactive cover as well as urathane. For urathane there the old school (LF) which has a weight block and urathane cover and there's the Saver which has a pancake weight block and urathane cover.

As for new releases, it's been anywhere between 2-4 a month between all the brands together. The most recent LM ball is the Pandemic and the most recent LF is the Blizzard

I'm the type of person who doesn't give a rats butt about what people say about me. So when I looked into the late Tony Martins company, there were haters and bowlers who were curious. But the haters were out there. Before I jumped into the wagon, it was seeing the ball roll first that caught my eye before knowing about the staffing advertisement. I liked what I saw in two balls a friend was throwing. So I asked him about the balls and he introduced me to this "advertisement". I also talked to regional guys (friends of mine) and with an ex tour pro from the 80's and 90's and all of them really like Lane Masters. some said they wouldn't be with C300, or DV8, or whatever company they are in if LM was registered with the PBA.

In my opinion, for a business stand point, this is a smart way to push a bowling product. Get the average Joe bowler access to "discounted" balls that are actually good. It also makes league bowlers feel like they are somebody, like they belong. The way the bowling industry is going now compared to the passed, this is also good for bowling somehow. And the guys at LM/LF do treat each other like family. So in short, it's good for both the business and the bowlers. Yes you get stuff cheaper, but these bowling balls they produce are good bowling balls. Yet, the bowlers have to do their part too.

I don't belong to the group anymore cause I don't feel the need to buy balls every six months, from this company or any other company. I have 7 and that's all I need. I have balls that skid snap, roll early, and do the things I'm looking for. And I also left for personal reason.... I don't burn the bridge in life, but this time I didn't care... I tired it, I liked it, and I left......

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

I have added a few videos of newer releases to the Lane Masters and Lord Field section. If you're interested in giving the brand a chance shoot me a message and I will get an app sent over. We also have a new ball to be released next week to honor Tony Martin. It will be produced in limited numbers and once it's gone, it's gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12