Thread: Bowling again after 3 major surgeries........

Chats: 0

Default Bowling again after 3 major surgeries........

Bladder removal because of cancer and a cranky prostate gone. Opened up again 6 months later to correct scar tissue blocking left ureter. Left hip replacement a little over two months ago. Finally went bowling today with my wife for the first time in a year and a half. My new hip was a little cranky so I had to modify my approach a little. Scores weren't important. What was was my approach and staying behind the ball at the release. I did that pretty well. I was having good revolutions after the first test game.

First game was 124 and the second was 149. I found out that this alley puts down a 42 foot pattern for all the lanes. I never bowled here before because my league changed houses when I started having my surgeries. So I didn't care what I bowled ofcourse because I was happy just to be able to bowl again. I am going to start bowling with my teammates this Saturday. The folks on my league are happy to see me coming back finally. I used to go with my wife to watch them bowl while I was recovering. That was murder. I wanted to bowl so bad. Instead I would drink Captain Morgan and coke. It took some of the pain away.

I AM GLAD TO BE GETTING BACK TO BOWLING AGAIN. YIPEEEEEEE!
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Ringer

Good for you Hammer, Good Luck!

Cranker

just keep trying. I came back after 25 years and back surgery and a 100lb gain. I average 149 after 6 months but am shooting over 500's now. today was like 549.
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Glad you got thru all that! Get that first 200!

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Bladder removal because of cancer and a cranky prostate gone. Opened up again 6 months later to correct scar tissue blocking left ureter. Left hip replacement a little over two months ago. Finally went bowling today with my wife for the first time in a year and a half. My new hip was a little cranky so I had to modify my approach a little. Scores weren't important. What was was my approach and staying behind the ball at the release. I did that pretty well. I was having good revolutions after the first test game.

First game was 124 and the second was 149. I found out that this alley puts down a 42 foot pattern for all the lanes. I never bowled here before because my league changed houses when I started having my surgeries. So I didn't care what I bowled ofcourse because I was happy just to be able to bowl again. I am going to start bowling with my teammates this Saturday. The folks on my league are happy to see me coming back finally. I used to go with my wife to watch them bowl while I was recovering. That was murder. I wanted to bowl so bad. Instead I would drink Captain Morgan and coke. It took some of the pain away.

I AM GLAD TO BE GETTING BACK TO BOWLING AGAIN. YIPEEEEEEE!
    Thoughts & prayers are with you, Hammer. Glad to see you're back out there.
    Current Average: 190

My Arsenal:
    Hammer Bad Intentions
    Storm Rocket
    Hammer Black Urethane
    Columbia WD Spare Ball

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Glad you're back Hammer!
    John

Pin Crusher

Hammer you will be fine. I talk from experience. I had a long list of stuff done. Never had a hip or knee replaced buy lots of other stuff. The one thing that sidelined me the longest was a tear in my hamstring. It took longer than a Heart bypass, 6 inches of colon from cancer, part of my right lung, two hand surgeries and 6 months of chemo twice. All totaled not even close to as long as the hamstring.
    Don't ever quit trying.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Hammer you will be fine. I talk from experience. I had a long list of stuff done. Never had a hip or knee replaced buy lots of other stuff. The one thing that sidelined me the longest was a tear in my hamstring. It took longer than a Heart bypass, 6 inches of colon from cancer, part of my right lung, two hand surgeries and 6 months of chemo twice. All totaled not even close to as long as the hamstring.
    Don't ever quit trying.
    WOW! You make me look like a healthy person. I didn't need chemo or x-rays because my bladder cancer was caught early but not early enough to save the bladder. The doc made a bladder out of seven inches of my small intestine so everything is on the inside working like a normal bladder. It is amazing what can be done these days. A lot better then that bag on the outside of the body. I had hernia, prostate and knee surgery before the bladder and hip. Getting old sucks. The big 70 is getting a lot closer to me. These days time runs faster then I do. At least I am still vertical. Good luck moving forward in your life.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Pin Crusher

Same to you and 70 is only a number. I am a fighter and my guess is so are you. Just keep going.