Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Detroit Open

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default The Detroit Open

Watched last night. Had it recorded and it had to be the worse show ever.
    Sound was terrible it went in and out.
    Shot was terrible.
    Scoring was terrible.
    No ball changes.
    Ball reps must have been hiding.
    No line adjustments.
    Finals were about 170 to 160.

When I watch is proclaimed to be the best bowlers in the world I want to see strikes and scoring.
    Not Tom Clark sitting in front grinning like something good was happening.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Watched last night. Had it recorded and it had to be the worse show ever.
    Sound was terrible it went in and out.
    Shot was terrible.
    Scoring was terrible.
    No ball changes.
    Ball reps must have been hiding.
    No line adjustments.
    Finals were about 170 to 160.

When I watch is proclaimed to be the best bowlers in the world I want to see strikes and scoring.
    Not Tom Clark sitting in front grinning like something good was happening.
    For you, a good match would be 300 vs 300 tie, finally broken on the 85th sudden death shot when someone didn't carry the 10 pin?

Three comments:

1). Sound did go in and out as it has on every telecast from Detroit. Audio guy should lose his job.
    2). This "MC" guy is a joke, announcing the bowlers like they are wrestlers. My wife who used to like watching bowling on TV commented, "How can you watch this?"
    3.) The one positive note was that three of the bowlers; Wes, Sean, and Jason, were actually using balls that have been around for a while rather than the "latest and greatest" new release. That was refreshing!

Pin Crusher

Thanks Rob I forgot the MC guy. He didn't even know the bowlers names. He called Sean Rash, Sean Rush or something idiotic.
    Mike tell me did you see the show? It was brutal. Reminded me of the women bowling in the sand storm. Washout or Brooklyn. Give me a 245 to 236 any day.

What was funny about it, is, when they were on, they were truly on it. But when they were off, it looked as bad as it could get.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Banned

Thanks Rob I forgot the MC guy. He didn't even know the bowlers names. He called Sean Rash, Sean Rush or something idiotic.
    Mike tell me did you see the show? It was brutal. Reminded me of the women bowling in the sand storm. Washout or Brooklyn. Give me a 245 to 236 any day.
    Yes, I saw it. What I saw was when you put the "greatest bowlers in the world" on a flat condition (i.e. no help) the "greatest bowlers in the world" isn't that high of a bar.

As for the MC guy, clearly the PBA is targeting a audience different than yourself.

It sounded like he said Reesh... He was reading from a script and the a may have looked like an e as he was reading it. After he said the word, he realized pretty quickly that he said the wrong word and corrected it.

Back when Nelson Burton Jr was commenting, he would make some kind of mistake, and rather than correct it, he would just move on to something else.

I guess it's more important to fill air, rather than present factual information to the viewer.

How many times after a bowler left a weak 10 pin, have you heard a commenter say the words.... "It came in behind the head pin".

If the ball truly came in behind the head pin, what made the two pin fall? If the head pin is hit from behind, it will move to the side, and forward towards the foul line as opposed to sideways and backwards towards the pit.

With the sound going in and out, I see that as a good thing.. Less inane chatter from the talking heads.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    What was funny about it, is, when they were on, they were truly on it. But when they were off, it looked as bad as it could get.
    When were they "truly on it"?

It looked to me like on flat oil, there was too little friction in the oil, and by using resin balls, there was too much friction at the back end.

The result was either they felt they had to pitch it far right, or had way too much ball reaction at the back.

Pin Crusher

Mike you saying you have never used the term behind the head pin? Maybe the term too far back from the ideal pocket hit. It started hooking too far down lane and had a bad angle. Most times you will leave a weak 10. Your pulling my leg aren't you. Was this a test? Come on.

Chats: 32

Mike you saying you have never used the term behind the head pin? Maybe the term too far back from the ideal pocket hit. It started hooking too far down lane and had a bad angle. Most times you will leave a weak 10. Your pulling my leg aren't you. Was this a test? Come on.
    I've heard the term used that way but factually Mike is correct. I threw a ball yesterday in league where the ball came in behind the headpin and left the 2-8-10
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Cranker

off topic but since when is it aired on a Tuesday or Wednesday night. when was the actual finals bowled live? I realized it wasn't live because I was talking to Tom Daughtery yesterday afternoon and he was on TV at night...lol
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast