Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game 1 woahs

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Default Game 1 woahs

Looking at my spreadsheet I'm noticing a trend and seeing that game one is my new "sore thumb". Earlier in the season it was game 2. I'm in the pocket but can't carry corner pins the first game.

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Week 8

Chats: 0

It could have to do with low end/high end of the house. I know in most houses I go to the low end plays a bit dryer and transitions faster. You might just be getting more push and coming in a bit behind the head pin versus earlier weeks when you were on the low end of the house.

Chats: 0

How is it that your schedule has you moving exactly one pair right every week? I know most systems have an algorithm in determining the schedule and sometimes patterns can be seen, but exactly one pair to the right every week is something I've never seen.

As far as game 1 woahs, I had a few series in a row where I couldn't figure it out in the first game. Last night, I seemed to break that only to have a bad second game. Earlier in the season I was having game 2 issues which were because I was struggling on the transition and that was my problem last night. I think the game 1 issues were just me not getting comfortable early in the night, which I was able to relax and get comfortable last night. Bowling can be funny, fix one issue only to expose another. It's a constant work in progress no matter how good you are.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Not sure what system they have in place for moving each week but the team to the left and right of us going atleast 2 pair have made the same move each week. We move one pair and we will bowl the team that bowled next to us the following week (they move 2 pair instead of 1) it's been like that since week one and looking st the schedule it's like that for the next 3 weeks to (aside from position round next week)

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    It could have to do with low end/high end of the house. I know in most houses I go to the low end plays a bit dryer and transitions faster. You might just be getting more push and coming in a bit behind the head pin versus earlier weeks when you were on the low end of the house.
    That very well could be it, just never really experienced that in this house. There's defiantly pairs that are tougher (1-2, 13-14, 23-24) though that I have found over the years. I told myself before league last night I was going to throw something different first game than usual but then go up in practice and found a good line with the usual ball. Get into the game and crush the hole all game to not carry. Left one 7 pin (I'll take that blame), then four 10 pins. The open in the 9th was only the 2nd miss on the 10 this season (out of 20) so atleast I'm getting that practice in lol

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Interesting. I would be curious to know if this was a pattern in past seasons as well.

If I would hazzard a guess it would be this: the further away from end pairs a lane is the less effect climate has on lane topography. Add to it that the weather has been less humid and cooling down this is a trend I expect to continue. As long as you're satisfied with the shot shape move 1 and 1 right.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Looking back at my summer sheet, the last two weeks they put out the shot they have now (they use the summer to test the new shot so we bowled on 4 different patterns) I shot 259 and 268 game one on it in the same area of the house 13-14 and 15-16. We moved pairs each game but those were my starting pairs on week 10 and position night

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Looking at that sheet game one was the lowest for the summer, but on this pattern in particular it was the highest lol

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    Not sure what system they have in place for moving each week but the team to the left and right of us going atleast 2 pair have made the same move each week. We move one pair and we will bowl the team that bowled next to us the following week (they move 2 pair instead of 1) it's been like that since week one and looking st the schedule it's like that for the next 3 weeks to (aside from position round next week)
    http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....eschedules.pdf

If you are in a 26 team league, and happen to be team #4, the "standard" league schedule will have you start the season by moving one pair right each week for the first 12 weeks.

Due to some quirk in the scheduling algorithm, team 4 only bowls on the far left pair (commonly lane 1-2) only once during the season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast