Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game 1 woahs

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....eschedules.pdf

If you are in a 26 team league, and happen to be team #4, the "standard" league schedule will have you start the season by moving one pair right each week for the first 12 weeks.

Due to some quirk in the scheduling algorithm, team 4 only bowls on the far left pair (commonly lane 1-2) only once during the season.
    We are team 4 and there is only 26 teams in this league lol (smaller league). Good news on the 1-2 pair. The wall is literally right next to lane 1 which for the most part eliminates the inside line and going cross lane at 10 pins.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Team 2 and team 6 has folllowed our moves each week thus far as well.

Chats: 32

Could be your not starting with quite enough surface to get the ball to fully finish in the first game. Rather than move as you appear to be in the pocket I would hit my ball with whatever the next grit down is from what it currently surfaced with and see if that doesn't help the problem. ie. if the ball is at 3k hit it lightly with 2k just before starting. Might give it that extra drop of read you need to carry the 10. Some of this might be just statistical noise too. It appears other than the week you missed the ten you've not doubled up in the 10th which would have gotten you to your average. Sometimes the strikes just don't fall in the right place too.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

If you are bowling on freshly oiled lanes, it could be as simple as missing the first transition. On a pair with four bowlers on each team, the lanes begin to transition as soon as the third or fourth frame after ten minutes of practice.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

If a bowler is averaging 231 I would expect more low series scores and more high games. 730 with that average is low I'm my opinion. 638 could even be lower.
    One other question why are you carrying out the decimals 7 places? All bowling averages are rounded down. Maybe one or two places would be reasonable.
    All that aside you are bowling very good and my guess is there are few if any on here who will ever see a 230 average.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Basically 31% of my single pin leaves on the season have came in 16% of games (last 4 weeks, game 1)

That's 31% (16) of the total single pin leaves in the last 4 weeks game one vs 7% (4) single pin leaves in the first 4 weeks game one. First 4 weeks game one average 260.25 and the last 4 weeks game one 208.75. Even if it's not the single pin killers, there's something I have to do to string more strikes. Average by game, my 2nd game is my lowest but in the past 3 weeks I made my moves sooner to catch the transition and I'm seeing the game 2 average increasing weekly.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    If a bowler is averaging 231 I would expect more low series scores and more high games. 730 with that average is low I'm my opinion. 638 could even be lower.
    One other question why are you carrying out the decimals 7 places? All bowling averages are rounded down. Maybe one or two places would be reasonable.
    All that aside you are bowling very good and my guess is there are few if any on here who will ever see a 230 average.
    I just never adjusted the decimal places when i did that sheet. Plus I use a new app that's tracking a lot of it. I just use the sheet to show me patterns/trends and to keep track of my profit and loss

As for the series numbers, I'm usually prettt much right on or around average. I'll have some break out games but they are usually making up for less than stellar games previously. The 638 night I really shouldn't have bowled because I was just coming off being sick but against better judgment went anyway. Been bouncing back and forth from 230 and 231 for a few weeks now but luckily no major drops lately like the 638 night when it fell like 6 pins

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    If you are bowling on freshly oiled lanes, it could be as simple as missing the first transition. On a pair with four bowlers on each team, the lanes begin to transition as soon as the third or fourth frame after ten minutes of practice.
    That could be it, but it's just a recent thing. Something did just "click" though reading that. One of the things different between the first 4 weeks and the last 4 weeks is the teams we have bowled. The last 4 weeks we have had a lot more of bowlers that either aim it to the pocket or play a down and in. I'm almost always inside of everyone on the pair and with not having as many people breaking down that part of the lane could be leading to less than usual carry.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    That could be it, but it's just a recent thing. Something did just "click" though reading that. One of the things different between the first 4 weeks and the last 4 weeks is the teams we have bowled. The last 4 weeks we have had a lot more of bowlers that either aim it to the pocket or play a down and in. I'm almost always inside of everyone on the pair and with not having as many people breaking down that part of the lane could be leading to less than usual carry.
    That really should be effecting you later in the set not in the first game as much anyway. If that was the reason the effect should be more pronounced though the night
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    That really should be effecting you later in the set not in the first game as much anyway. If that was the reason the effect should be more pronounced though the night
    From the start of the night to the end I make anywhere from 7-10 board move.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast