Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nano replacement

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default Nano replacement

What are some good balls that would replace a Nano. Looking for something with the same kind of reaction. Not a polished or pearl.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

If you're wanting to stay with the Storm line, the Alpha Crux looks like the closest

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    What are some good balls that would replace a Nano. Looking for something with the same kind of reaction. Not a polished or pearl.
    You might also try looking at the core. The surface can always be changed, but the core can't.

Pin Crusher

Much easier to start with matted or sanded than pearl. They are just too jumpy and speed sensitive. Thanks guys.

Much easier to start with matted or sanded than pearl. They are just too jumpy and speed sensitive. Thanks guys.
    Take a look at the ball reviews for the Storm Rocket (hybrid) and the Sky Rocket (pearl). Both balls have the same surface and are rated exactly the same! The differences between solids, hybrids, and pearls are mainly because of the different OOB surfaces the come on the balls. If you were in the marketing department of a major ball manufacturer and found out that you could sell three of the same bowling ball just by changing the surface, wouldn't you do it? I sure would!

Chats: 32

Which Nano did you have? The Tour or the Virtual Gravity?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Pin Crusher

Virtual Gravity Nano. I have tried the hyper cell skid and the Phaze and both are too jumpy.
    Last edited by fordman1; 11-03-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Chats: 32

Virtual Gravity Nano. I have tried the hyper cell skid and the Phaze and both are too jumpy.
    Glad to hear it's the VG as their really isn't anything out there like the Tour. The Lock is by far the closest ball to the VG Nano on the Market. If it digs in too much change the surface to 4K. Similar RG, Diff, and PSA.

The Phaze and the Skid are much different balls than the VG Nano. The Phaze II would give you a closer look than the original Phaze but in a symmetrical core it's not going to spin up the same way the VG does.

My guestimate would be that the GI-15 Hybrid cover isn't much different than the ERG Nano on the VG. The regular ERG cover is just below GI-15 on the chart add in the Nano particles my guess is you have GI-15 or something so close as to be indistinguishable.
    Last edited by Amyers; 11-03-2016 at 10:48 AM.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Glad to hear it's the VG as their really isn't anything out there like the Tour. The Lock is by far the closest ball to the VG Nano on the Market. If it digs in too much change the surface to 4K. Similar RG, Diff, and PSA.

The Phaze and the Skid are much different balls than the VG Nano. The Phaze II would give you a closer look than the original Phaze but in a symmetrical core it's not going to spin up the same way the VG does.

My guestimate would be that the GI-15 Hybrid cover isn't much different than the ERG Nano on the VG. The regular ERG cover is just below GI-15 on the chart add in the Nano particles my guess is you have GI-15 or something so close as to be indistinguishable.
    Not so sure on the "by far the closest on the market". If looking just at ball numbers the lock has the same RG, but a greater differential than the Alpha Crux. Also the Lock is 2/3 pearl cover where the Alpha is a solid (like the nano)

VG Nano- 2.48 & .048
    Lock - 2.48 & .054
    Alpha - 2.50 & .052

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

There's "give and take" with both balls when comparing to the VG Nano though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast