Thread: Anyone drive for UBER?

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Default Anyone drive for UBER?

I am thinking of killing time with it since I sit around all day. Looking for opinions.
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post
    I am thinking of killing time with it since I sit around all day. Looking for opinions.
    Does the cost for wear and tear on your vehicle come out of your wages?

Will your insurance company raise your rates if you're using your vehicle in a commercial venture?

Cranker

these are the questions I want to know, Google isn't helping so far...lol..As far as wear ant tear, I drive maybe 3,000 miles a year now and will just do neighborhood rides maybe 4 hours a day
    Last edited by LOUVIT; 11-03-2016 at 03:20 PM.
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

I actually asked someone about this the other week.

Apparently when they started they paid a lot more per mile than they do now. He was saying they cut the price for drivers by 50 cents a mile (1.35/mile to .85/mile) and it was really not worth it unless you're a customer. Rideshares are a little better but still barely worth it. If you're just sitting around though I suppose why not. But, if Lyft or one of the others is available that might be something worth looking into too.

And yes, your insurance needs to change.

A buddy of mine started out with them from near the beginning and he said initially he made out great ( his opinion ) then the price drop as noted earlier, he threatened he was quiting and it wasn't worth it, but he still drives for them. He usually works the night shift, taking 20 to 30 yo people home from the bars, I halfway suspect he does it to meet woman .... says he still makes money at it and it's probably true....just less than he made at the original rate.

Cranker

I started the sign up process and as far as insurance as long as you are on a UBER app fare they supply liability ins. I am just waiting for the approval, a few days. I already got the app and stuff. Yes I do nothing all day and I figured 4 hours a day can't hurt

from thier site...

https://help.uber.com/partners

Do I need insurance?

Uber maintains automobile liability insurance on behalf of all U.S. rideshare driver-partners while logged onto the Uber app.

As a ride-sharing driver, you are also required to maintain auto insurance that meets your state’s minimum financial responsibility. Please note that all NYC driver-partners need commercial vehicle insurance.

Driver-partners who have a livery or limo business must maintain all compulsory licensing and commercial insurance requirements in accordance with state or local law.

To learn more, visit:
    Last edited by LOUVIT; 11-05-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Cranker

So UBER isn't that bad out of a 96$ day I cleared 68$. that was 6 hours online but actually drove maybe 3.