Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who are you voting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Since Wallace was running as a segregationist, you can decide for yourself if blue was the color to best represent what the south was voting for.
    I understand, but you know what I'm saying. The south was very heavy for the Democrats for the longest time. Now it's a total reversal.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Lyndon Johnson signed the civil rights act and the dem's haven't won the south since.

Mike, Wallace won the primary in 1968 in Mi.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Lyndon Johnson signed the civil rights act and the dem's haven't won the south since.

I'm pretty sure the bill that passed was authored by both republicans and democrats. I know that a higher percentage of republicans voted for it when it passed. As for johnson he was quoted as saying and i think even recorded as saying " We just just locked up the n-word vote for the next 50 years ". That is the piece of crap that he was.

Banned
    Chats: 68

With Wallace running as an Independent, who would have been his opponents in a primary?

Clinton and Trump got so many votes because there are a lot of people that will vote even if the folks running suck. The thing is that you don't have to vote if the candidates suck. On voting day I voted to have a Captain Morgan and coke instead of a Jack Daniels and coke. It turns out that I really needed it the next day when I found out who won and it didn't matter if it was Trump or Clinton. Hold on to your shorts folks. Only God knows what will happen to the country now. Where's that Captain Morgan and coke I just made? I feel some anxiety starting to creep into my soul.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Unless you're a swing state it's safe to say your vote really doesn't count. Republicans in CA and NY, Democrats in TX although in the millions have no say

Banned
    Chats: 68

Ok what really happened was in 1968 Michigan didn't even hold a primary.

In 1972 Wallace won the Democrats primary in Michigan.

Pin Crusher

I guess I should have looked it up. Memory from then is a little blurry. Had only been home from the Army for about a year and a half. I took a few memory drugs back then. Or were they vitamins. Like I said a little blurry. By 1976 my mind started coming back. A lot to remember and forget from then. Sorry Mike. The exact date wasn't the point it was that George Wallace won.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123