Thread: PT conferences!

Chats: 10

Default PT conferences!

I am an elementary pe teacher and tonight we had conferences for the 2nd night. the night was over and this parent walks through the door to talk to me...for 30 minutes after conferences were over. Nothing I said she believed about her kid. Her kid does nothing wrong in her eyes but is a pain in everyone elses. I am essentially being bulied by this kid and the mom. This is about the 4th time I met with her and 4 times her kid is lying. The administration knows it. I'm sick of it!! Thanks for letting me vent.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I don't know when it changed but it used to be if you got in trouble in school your parents would discipline you. Now it is the kids who are right and the teachers get no respect. "Don't touch my child" No matter what a kid does it is OK. You can't grab them by the shirt collar and take them to the office. You can't yell at them etc.
    Good luck teach. They couldn't pay me enough to deal with todays lazy youth.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    I am an elementary pe teacher and tonight we had conferences for the 2nd night. the night was over and this parent walks through the door to talk to me...for 30 minutes after conferences were over. Nothing I said she believed about her kid. Her kid does nothing wrong in her eyes but is a pain in everyone elses. I am essentially being bulied by this kid and the mom. This is about the 4th time I met with her and 4 times her kid is lying. The administration knows it. I'm sick of it!! Thanks for letting me vent.
    In my very brief teaching career, 1980-1982, the parents who showed up on parent conference night were always the parents of the well behaved students. The trouble makers parents either didn't care about how their kids did in school or were too busy trying to keep the family fed, clothed, and housed.
    John