Thread: Sometimes Straighter is STILL Greater!

Default Sometimes Straighter is STILL Greater!

I've been following the results from Ron Mohr's Senior Shootout that is taking place in Las Vegas at the Bowling Plaza at South Point this week. The tournament was designed to allow the senior bowlers who often have no chance of winning PBA50 events because of the number of multiple title winners that can now be found on that tour. Tournament entry was denied to any senior bowler who has won more than three PBA National or PBA50 titles. The format is three single day tournaments, each on a different pattern, with the top twenty-four from all of the events moving on to a match-play shoot off.

Within the top twenty-four there are several well-known names including Brian Kretzer (winner of the first event), Lennie Boresch (winner of the next two events), Rick Steelsmith, Pete McCordic, and Jeff Richgels. At the top of the list of qualifiers for the shoot out is Warren Eales a former team mate of mine. What makes his lead very special is that Warren's nickname in league is "Arrow." He has two basic adjustments: throw it harder and straighter! While he does make lateral lane adjustments, he rarely gets left of the third arrow and is not known for his rev rate. What he is known for is his accuracy and his ability to make small moves and ball changes that allow him to continue striking.

Congratulations to Warren on his qualifying, and best of luck in the Shoot Out!

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Arrow sounds interesting, I checked youtube for some videos...Can't find him anywhere
    Last edited by LOUVIT; 11-17-2016 at 05:24 PM.
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Chats: 0

I watched a little of that event. I had no idea they had such limitations on entries.