Thread: Lefty two-hander working on my shot. Help appreciated.

Chats: 0

Default Lefty two-hander working on my shot. Help appreciated.

I was practicing a bit after work the other day. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-MSSAx-hzg

Quote Originally Posted by DaHammer View Post
    I was practicing a bit after work the other day. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-MSSAx-hzg
    You are trying to use two hands with a one-handed approach. Two things are immediately apparent: you are too upright, two handers normally achieve a position where their backs are parallel with the floor. Also, many two handers use their feet to gain speed and power. Often both feet are off the ground simultaneously during the approach. Take a look at Jesper Svenson. That should help.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    You are trying to use two hands with a one-handed approach. Two things are immediately apparent: you are too upright, two handers normally achieve a position where their backs are parallel with the floor. Also, many two handers use their feet to gain speed and power. Often both feet are off the ground simultaneously during the approach. Take a look at Jesper Svenson. That should help.
    Thanks for the response. I'll work on getting my upper body down a bit more. I've tried to produce the skip-step that a lot of two-handers use, but my habits in high school baseball turn it into more of a crow-hop, and that throws at of my bowling mechanics right out the window. I'm attempting to not open that can of worms at least until I've gotten everything else as polished as I can. I fear that trying to emulate a proper skip-step would take me months of frustration to overcome my baseball instincts, and might not give me anything in return.

That being said, if you have any suggestions on making the transfer correctly, I'm all ears. I understand what to do physically, but I can't get my brain to accomplish the task.

Try finding a coach in your area with some experience working with two handers. I used to live in Wilson, NC, so I know that the bowling community in that part of the country is very active. Personally, I'm just just getting my feet wet in terms of working with two handers since I started working with Junior Gold about 6 months ago. Check out Bowl.com for Certified Coaches in your area. Good luck.