Thread: Uncocking and uncupping happens automatically at the release........

Chats: 0

Default Uncocking and uncupping happens automatically at the release........

If you stay with a relaxed grip as you swing forward your hand will automatically uncock or uncup at the release. I find that if I just let it happen the weight of the ball will do all of the work for me. Plus the weight of the ball will turn your hand just the right amount to let you have good revs. I find that if I don't trust it and stay cupped the revs are cut down a lot and my brain knows it as soon as I let go.

If you want some good info on this see video Analysis of Modern 10-pin bowling swing and release Part 1@2 on youtube also Kegel Training Center Back View on youtube especially at the 6 minute mark. The instructor tells you there to just let the release happen naturally. KEEP A RELAXED GRIP ALWAYS.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    If you stay with a relaxed grip as you swing forward your hand will automatically uncock or uncup at the release. I find that if I just let it happen the weight of the ball will do all of the work for me. Plus the weight of the ball will turn your hand just the right amount to let you have good revs. I find that if I don't trust it and stay cupped the revs are cut down a lot and my brain knows it as soon as I let go.

If you want some good info on this see video Analysis of Modern 10-pin bowling swing and release Part 1@2 on youtube also Kegel Training Center Back View on youtube especially at the 6 minute mark. The instructor tells you there to just let the release happen naturally. KEEP A RELAXED GRIP ALWAYS.
    I've only been bowling a few years and am probably too stupid to know any better but I'm the exact opposite :0

I'm a high rev thrower and my only thought is to keep my wrist firm, if I start hitting pockets and not striking it's almost always bc my wrist has broken down. It will usually start deflecting right off head pins leaving tens but sometimes left depending on lanes. I'm not sure if that is right but it's what works for me through trial and error. I even find that to be true if I am throwing a straight ball at a ten pin if I miss it.

I know there are all kinds of things that influence the swing but I get asked a lot how I generate so many revs and I am convinced most of it is my wrist and staying under the ball at release.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Grouperdawg View Post
    I've only been bowling a few years and am probably too stupid to know any better but I'm the exact opposite :0

I'm a high rev thrower and my only thought is to keep my wrist firm, if I start hitting pockets and not striking it's almost always bc my wrist has broken down. It will usually start deflecting right off head pins leaving tens but sometimes left depending on lanes. I'm not sure if that is right but it's what works for me through trial and error. I even find that to be true if I am throwing a straight ball at a ten pin if I miss it.

I know there are all kinds of things that influence the swing but I get asked a lot how I generate so many revs and I am convinced most of it is my wrist and staying under the ball at release.
    I saw that video called Analysis of modern 10-pin bowling swing and release and saw the release of the pro bowlers where they go from cupped to uncupped at the release or cocked to uncocked at the release to get good revs. I used to use the cupped and stay cupped at the release until I saw this video. So I bowled with the stay cupped release to see what the ball would do then went with the uncupped release and I got more revs and a better ball reaction. I am glad that I tried it because I have stuck with it now. It took a little time to get used to it until my brain accepted and trusted it. It put a lot less stress on my wrist I know.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.