Thread: Hello from H-town

Chats: 0

Default Hello from H-town

Coming back to bowling after a 25 year layoff, picked up a new spare ball and benchmark ball waiting for the UPS guy to deliver so I can get them drilled and bowling again
    Quit 25yrs ago with a high game of 278 and 700 series, A 300 game is on my bucket list so I may be bowling awhile to get one, last balls I used were a U-dot and white-dot for spares
    These new to me reactive resin balls will be a whole new learning experience.
    Learning a lot from these forums.
    Cheers!

Welcome back & welcome aboard!

I had a 25 year layoff as well and had to learn all over again, so I know your pain! lol
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Thanks, having the new balls drilled Wednesday
    I'm anxious to throw the new stuff

Ringer

Welcome back, What balls did you get?

Got a rocket ship for a benchmark ball and a mix to be used as a spare/dry lane ball
    Will expand my arsenal in time, back to the basics first
    Back in the day I used a u dot for my main ball and white dot for spares. Still got em but fingers don't fit in the inserts and span has changed a bit, never thought fro 28 yr old to 52 yr old would make that much a difference other than all the scars on my fingers. I also always used a wrist brace due to a bad break in my late teens, will be using a robbys rev3 this go round because I broke the same wrist again 2 yrs ago on my dirt bike and feel it will help with stability and consistency

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    Welcome back & welcome aboard!

I had a 25 year layoff as well and had to learn all over again, so I know your pain! lol

ditto, it's a whole new game.......I'm back 6 months and still struggling, I found joining a seniour league to start helps me. There's not too much pressure....lol
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner