Thread: Aslan's Pre-March Post November Slump/Progress Video 2016/2017

Chats: 204

Thumbs up Aslan's Pre-March Post November Slump/Progress Video 2016/2017

I've been meaning to get the camera out and record my bowling...finally just used my smart phone camera during league until I ran out of storage space and made it into this 6:40 video full of bowling history...with occasional videos of me. Enjoy!

And any constructive criticism (bowling related) is welcome.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

Nice vid. The two things that struck me. Your very bent at the pivot step but your left leg is very straight at the slide and your still on top the ball but I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 256

Looking way better with your form, nice and balanced at the line.

I still think your first step is too long and that you are somewhat racing to the line.

I am no coach, but I would move up on approach, shorten steps which I think will slow you down a little bit. Will even drop your ball speed a bit I think and give your ball more time to react.

My $.02.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Ringer
    Chats: 0

You looking like your racing to the line and muscling the balls down the lanes. Let the ball do some work.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by manke View Post
    You looking like your racing to the line and muscling the balls down the lanes. Let the ball do some work.
    Yup. Working on that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Looking way better with your form, nice and balanced at the line.

I still think your first step is too long and that you are somewhat racing to the line.

I am no coach, but I would move up on approach, shorten steps which I think will slow you down a little bit. Will even drop your ball speed a bit I think and give your ball more time to react.

My $.02.
    Absolutely. Still working on keeping that first step smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Nice vid. The two things that struck me. Your very bent at the pivot step but your left leg is very straight at the slide and your still on top the ball but I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that.
    Don't understand the first part. But, yes...like the two comments above...one problem with taking that big first step...is I rush the line...and get to the line too soon...causing me to rise up...and then the hand comes up toward the top of the ball.

Thats how frustrating bowling is. All 3 of the different suggestions...all inter-related...all resulting in a bad release/result.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Yup. Working on that. Thanks.

Absolutely. Still working on keeping that first step smaller.

Don't understand the first part. But, yes...like the two comments above...one problem with taking that big first step...is I rush the line...and get to the line too soon...causing me to rise up...and then the hand comes up toward the top of the ball.

Thats how frustrating bowling is. All 3 of the different suggestions...all inter-related...all resulting in a bad release/result.
    Sounds like the first step is the key. Get that under control and the other issues should resolve themselves. As your sometimes coach Mark Baker says; when the timing is correct, the release improves.
    John

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post

What I was referring to is your right knee is very bent as you approach the slide which is a good thing but as you enter the slide the right leg is well near being straight and locked causing the upward motion. Basically you go from a knee bent position when your weight is on your right leg to a straight knee position as you shift to your left leg the only way the body can go is up. Your making the effort to get down but kind of killing it at the end. May be because of your previous knee issues and it's in your head (I had this problem after I returned from physical therapy this fall) or it could be related to the large first step or speed. that were previously mentioned. I'm good enough to tell what's wrong but not good enough to tell what causes it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone