5000 Grit LSS
Ball Specs: Impulse V2 Symmetric Core
Layout 55 x 4-3/8 x 70

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 4-3/4 Over 1/2 up
Rev Rate 300. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
The latest addition to the Motiv Primal Series is the Primal Fear. The Fear is a late breaking Symmetric Pearl Reactive. The Fear has the Impulse core used in the Remix and the now discontinued great Red Ball. For those of you who love the Red Rage, don’t be afraid, the Fear will ease your fears! The Fear has great backend and drive through the pins. To me it seems to be a tad more forgiving than the Red Rage. This may be due to the fact it seems to roll a bit sooner than the Red. The total hook is a bit more than the original Red Ball and doesn’t skate as much on the thicker oils we see being used now. I have been testing the Fear on multiple patterns and it handles them all well unless they are extremely wet or dry. I was able to use it on Highway to Hell and it played well as long as I watched my ball speed. The Fear had no trouble on a House Shot. I think the fear box surface is perfect for the ball, but we played with polish and had great results. I do not see the need to sand the ball rougher since there are other great oil options in the Motiv line. As far as motion, the Fear reads the pattern later and then makes a nice move when the ball starts to flip. Light hits carry very well due to the entry angle to the pocket. The Fear works well with different layouts and like most Symmetric balls is very driller friendly. Pin up or pin down the reactions are very good. We have drilled a good number of Primal Fears and bowlers are well pleased with the results.

Summary:
The Fear has the late break motion desired by bowlers.
The Fear is very driller friendly.
The Fear is versatile on multiple patterns.
This is a great ball to have if you like the Red Ball!

Glenn
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Ultimate Staff
Video Link https://youtu.be/P4YL8CTgiMI
gwendel@comcast.net
www.motivbowling.com