Thread: Replacing my Skid

Default Replacing my Skid

Hello, I have had 3 Hyper Cell Skids and its hard to fine them anymore, so I was wondering what ball would be the closest to the Skid. I roll fairly slow and go up the 5-7 board. I'm a huge Roto Grip fan and have owned a lot of balls but have found it hard to replace my skid. I guess that's why I'm on my 3rd one. Any suggestions of what might be close. Thanks for the help

Cranker
    Chats: 0
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Chats: 32

Why have you went through 3? That balls inly been out for a couple of years at most.

One had a major crack that I didn't want to deal with and the other had well over 500 hundred games on it and has been rejuvenated many times. Also a good friend of mine owns the pro shop so I like to keep him in business. Confidence is big in bowling and this ball has really improved my game. Maybe its just time to move on with something different.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

If you want to stay with RG the No Rules Pearl will be coming out soon. I think it would be a little more ball than the skid though but looks the the closest in the RG line. Also another look atleast look at is the Dare Devil. It's a sym ball as opposed to the asym of the Skid, but from watching a few people throw it the past couple months it seems stronger than what you'd expect from a mid range ball. It's also using the same cover as the No Rules Pearl.

If you want to go over to the Storm line , the new Code Black can give you a similar reaction as the HC Skid.

All of these are what I have seen personally comparable not necessarily matches based on ball numbers.

One of my teammates just replaced his Skid with the No Rules ball, he had changed his skid to a dull finish and I guess the Pro shop suggested the no rules for him, FWIW he seems to really like it. If they are close enough maybe you could change the finish to duplicate the skid reaction?

I'll take a closer look at the No Rules Pearl. Thanks all for your suggestions