Thread: Hello from KY

Default Hello from KY

Just got back into bowling this summer from a 12 year layoff. I had back surgery and took time off to make sure I was ready. In the meantime, both centers I bowled league had closed down. I bowled some practice about 2 years after surgery and was very sore. I was scared to re-injure my back so I didn't go back until we had a christmas party at a local center last year. I decided to bowl a game and no pain afterwards. A little muscle soreness but that was to be expected. I slowly started to get back in and by this summer I felt pretty good. Rebuilding my arsenal since the last balls I owned were when particle balls were the new thing lol. I found my old PSO who now runs a pro shop at home. Just picked up ball 3 a couple weeks ago and have been working on my game. I have nerve damage in my right foot and has been a bit of a challenge but I'm getting there.

Started to video all my practice and that has really helped a lot. Have been able to correct several issues, still working very hard on my timing. Since my 1st and 3rd step are much shorter I've found I'm nearly a full step off.

Very excited to be back into bowling, and excited to be a part of this board.

Thanks for reading!

Dave

Cranker
    Chats: 0

welcome back, I came back 6 months ago or so after 25 years. It's a whole new game....lol
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Chats: 32

Welcome back to the game Dave what part of Kentucky are you from?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Thanks guys!
    I'm in Louisville area

Chats: 0

Welcome to the forums and back into the great sport of bowling.. You will enjoy it here
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

I am a proud winner of a Bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 10

Welcome to the boards! Do you know what yo are getting yourself into here? Just kidding!
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com