Thread: Strange conditions

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Default Strange conditions

I play a Monday night Mens League that puts out a Christmas tree THS pattern. About a few weeks ago i noticed the oil pattern has slowly switched to a heavy flat Oil pattern that stretches to the 1 board. My ball will slide and never pick up a roll even if i slow my ball speed. i just bowled here on Thursday and i ran into the same problem. What can be causing this? I have talked to the owner and he told me he cleaned out the heads on the machine. The Right Handers are not experiencing such a profound difference but there were a few lefty's experiencing the same thing. He uses a Kegel Kustodian machine.
    Last edited by Sche3067; 12-30-2016 at 01:18 AM.

A THS shouldn't have much oil outside of the 10 board.

If there is a lot of oil it's one of 2 things. The machine isn't working properly OR they're putting down a sport pattern.

If you have a heavy oil ball you might want to give it a shot and see what happens.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Blog Entries

they don't do sport shots here until the summer. Im thinking they need to do some serious maintenance on their machine. It gets used a lot and i doubt anyone has taken it apart to make sure its working at its best. I just found videos online how to do it. its a shame no one cares there. they hold collegiate and high school meets there as well. I Think i care more than they do....

If that's the case then you have to try a couple of different things.

You can go with a heavy oil ball or go straight up the 15 to see what happens and adjust from there.

For me, if the oil pattern is squirrely all over, I would use my Fanatic BTU.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Another possibility is the machne wasn't putting the pattern down properly on the left side in the first place and it made the outside dryer than it should have been.

Then when he cleaned the heads its now putting the pattern down as it should have been on the left side. Which is oilier than it was.

Since you say the righthanders dont see much of a difference since the cleaning, that lends a little credence to the idea.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Cranker

any others notice this issue? I may agree with bowl 1820 that it is now working correctly and wasn't before.
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

colder temps, change in humidity can all make the lanes feel different too
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post
    any others notice this issue? I may agree with bowl 1820 that it is now working correctly and wasn't before.
    I have seen a few righties miss spares they never miss and I noticed the middle is oiler than usual on the right. I never had so many buckets and splits in my entire years of bowling

Blog Entries

Owner was getting the wrong oil for about a month and it jamed up the machine and got oil all over the place. I switched to a btu fanatic because now they are very dry. He told me he was glad I told him about it.