Thread: mental melt

Default mental melt

Whats up people? It's been a while since iv'e been on the boards, computer got knocked over by my little one, but got a new one for Christmas. I had a really bad mental break last month, due to some stress and the passing of a family member, where i ended up punching a ball return. Thank God i didn't break anything, but I did badly bruise the bones and tendons so it still hurts. On a good note, I can still bowl though. Anybody done anything like this before and have similar results? Also, anyone know of any good calming methods, on the lanes to avoid these sort of break downs? Thanks and happy new year
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

Sorry to hear that you've been going through a rough time lately. Any time I even think about doing something like this, I try to remember times when I've seen others do similar things. Every time I do, I remember the similar result: bowler with a cast on his hand, and ball return still standing, seeming to be smirking at every bowler who even considers hitting it!

Chats: 32

No but my team was bowling in the roll of for the quarter winner last night one of the other guys kicked what he though was his two ball roller half way across the alley (nice distance this guy should kick field goals for a living) only to find out it wasn't his it was one of his team mates. #nothappyteammate. Luckily he did it after league so no one was there to get hurt. We won lol.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 1

We had some asshole flip the oiling machine over because they started oiling the lanes next to him. When i get pissed or irritated i always remember how stupid that guy looked and it helps calm me down.

Chats: 55

My husband has mental fits on the lanes, so if you find a method, please post it for sure.

We recently bowled a short 10 week league, it only had 5 teams and most of the guys were very young, inexperienced. One of them ended up telling him that when he gets frustrated he thinks of the song "Operator". I just laughed...since hubby is a big The Who, Zeppelin, and that type of music fan.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by drlawsoniii View Post
    We had some asshole flip the oiling machine over because they started oiling the lanes next to him. When i get pissed or irritated i always remember how stupid that guy looked and it helps calm me down.
    This person was lucky that law enforcement was not called. Those machines cost five figures, willful destruction of property at that level would likely be a felony.

Back to the OP, a bad day of bowling is better than; working for the man, car crash, doctor's office, wife yelling, a stay in jail, pain, etc
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    This person was lucky that law enforcement was not called. Those machines cost five figures, willful destruction of property at that level would likely be a felony.

Back to the OP, a bad day of bowling is better than; working for the man, car crash, doctor's office, wife yelling, a stay in jail, pain, etc

A little T.M.I.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Sorry if that hit too close to home bubba. Only generalizations.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Pin Crusher

Operator- Mary Wells released 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post

i go to jail 5 times a week maybe more if there's o.t... but I get what you an everyone else are saying
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.