Thread: Stormed1'S 2016/17 scores

Chats: 221

Default Stormed1'S 2016/17 scores

Bowled league last night or the first time in 7!+ months. To say it was a disaster would be an understatement.that being said my team picked me up and we won 5 points. I shot 120-110-130=360. I had only bowled 3 games in the last 7 months and they were in mid November. I stated with the Forza Redline but was having issues with targeting and managed to throw 2gutters in the first 4 frames. Changed to theVenom Cobra in the fifth frame,moved right and squared up and managed to spare 5 of the next 6 frames. I was slow making adjustments because I was not throwing the ball well. I changed to the Wrecker in the 7th frame. Had a decent look till I started to run out of gas the second half of the game. Even though I did not bowl well it was a productive night.the first thing is I have a better idea of the shot and how it breaks down. Secondly I have a much better idea of what equipment I need. It confirmed that the Forza GT is as I thought too strong for there. I also need to tweak the surface on the Wrecker. The next time I bowl league will be in 2 weeks. I will get some practice in between now and then and make some equipment adjustments before my next league session
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 204

Good luck!

Hope you can stay healthy and regain your previous form!

Well it wasn't a great week but it was substantially better than my first week back. I **** 158-128-178=464. I ended up 10 pins below last years average for the night.In practice I was coming around the ball too much so at the start of the night I balled down to the Venom Cobra. I concentrated on staying more behind the ball and as a result was not quite getting to the pocket on a consistent basis. Balled up to the Deranged and finished the game decent. Started game 2w with the Deranged and the heads went away fairly quickly. Balled down to the Venom Cobra but it was not getting through the heads either. When I moved in with it the ball still burned up aznd didn't hit. I ended up leaving back to back 5-7's. I tried to ball up to az smoother reacting ball (Dream) , but it moved me in to where the 3 high rev guys were playing with aggressive equipment and it hooked early. I balled down to the Wrecker and moved back right a little bit. I had a decent look with it so I stayed with it the rest of the night. After league was over I threw a couple shots with the pin down Chemical X i drilled 60x4.5x60. As I expected it had too much surface for my slow speed and high friction lane surface. That being said I liked the motion so I will polish it before the next time I bowl.

Well I wasn't supposed to bowl last night but one of our players called off at the last minute. Started the night with my pin up Dream @3K + polish. ended up shooting 158 with 1 chopped spare and 2 splits. Game 2 i tried to throw my pin down polished Chemical X but it forced me in to whee the high rev players had already destroyed the heads. With my slow speed I couldn't get the ball to read at the correct spot.I went to my Wrecker and had an ok look for a couple frames before that blew up. I ended up shooting 146. Game 3 started with me throwing my Taboo spare going around 12 to 8. By the time I got to the 10th frame I was standing 41 and playing 17 to 8.I ended up shooting 168 with the plastic ball. so 158-146-168=472
    Physically I threw the ball much more consistantly this week with better spare shooting but substantially less strikes. All in all an ok outing with light at he end of the tunnel towards getting back to normal

After not bowling for the last month due to commitments at church plus a couple medical procedures, I finally got to bowl tonight. Just getting to the center tonight was a trip in itself due to power lines downed by high winds. As a result of the traffic snafu it caused league got stated late. By the time I got there and shoe'd up practice was over. I started with the Deranged and struggled with over/under most of the game. I switched to a pin down polished Chemical X in the 9th frame and managed to salvage 147. Game 2 I stayed with the Chemical X and shot 183 with 2 opens. Started game 3 with the Chemical X but changed to a pin down polished Boost Hybrid (green/purple) and ended up shooting 167 with 3 opens. 147-183-167=497. All things considered not a terrible night. I felt that once I got loose ( these old bones take a while <LOL>) I threw the ball pretty successfully. I will be drilling an Infared I picked up off Ebay to go above the Chemical X for game 1. We have 6 weeks left and I know I will be bowling 2 of the next 5 so I'm available for sweeps.

After last week being kind of a nightmare where I shot 110-127-139=376 and dropped 5 pins in average. I could not stop pulling the ball and as much as Lynwood hooks it was a recipe for disaster.

On to this week. I threw the ball quite a bit better. I only pulled 3 balls all night and that was when my feet got fast. I ended up shooting 168-179-164=511. I was able to throw my Infrared the first 2w games, And ball down to the Chemical X for game 3. In hindsight I should probably have switched to the Boost Hybrid on the left lane as it became on fire.

Free swing man. Let gravity do more of the work and the pulling will go away on it's own.

Easier said than done, that's for sure.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Worked for a bit with a buddy who's a silver level coach. Got my feet slowed down and the pulls went away. I was just getting to the line a little quick

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    Worked for a bit with a buddy who's a silver level coach. Got my feet slowed down and the pulls went away. I was just getting to the line a little quick
    That'll do it.

I had the same problem...rushing the foul line and then pulling the swing down.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

The biggest problem is I've only bowled 21 games all year. I have not been able to get out and practice as my truck was in the shop for a month getting an engine replaced