Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone ever been to a "test drive"? aka: Demo Day

Chats: 10

I went to a Brunswick demo day, it was $5 for two hours of bowling. The new PSO hosted it. A few lanes were thehouse shot while a few were a sport shot. Not too many went to it, but I did eventually buy two balls, Grudge Hybrid and Fanatic. Pretty much the same deal as others talked about with about 4-5 different balls with different spans and switch grips. I would go to more, but not much that I know of come out this way.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Sounds like everything is about in line with what he was saying. Except the price. But hey I guess I get a "free" shirt. It is broken into squads, and it is all before the center opens. He is having a free 900 global one next month as well he said. I have their 3 ball roller and it is awesome, but have never even seen one the balls in person. Not a big thing around here I guess.
    Current arsenal:
    Motiv Trident Motiv Jackal Ghost RG No Rules RG DareDevil
    C300 Impulse Hammer Black Urethane

Made it back home from the demo. Had a great time, very glad I went. The squads were pretty small and the whole center was open just for us. It was very relaxed environment and had plenty of time to throw whatever I wanted as long as I wanted. I first tried the chronic paranoia. REALLY liked this ball. It was very predictable and had a great motion. Next tried the primal fear. Was not a big fan. It did not match up to me very well. It seemed to be real touchy. If I missed a bit outside it just slid thru the break point. A little in and it was thru the face. I think I threw about 6 frames with it and 3 of them were splits. Since I was familiar with the Trident, I threw it next, so atleast I had a benchmark since I have never bowled at these lanes. Then I threw the ghost. Absolutely loved this ball. 2 frames in and went into the shop and bought their last one. It rolled great for my buddy as well. On top of that got a great deal on the ball. It is a very strong ball, but very smooth motion. I was really surprised that for as early and strong as it was it didn't burn up and lay flat in the back end. Hit with a lot of power and continuous.

TL;DR

Had a great time. Really like chronic paranoia. Loved the ghost. Bought last one and got a great deal.
    Current arsenal:

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Well there you go, you had fun seen what the product did first hand and the proshop made a sale.

That's what demo day should be.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

If you are looking to demo balls in the central Indiana area then the pro shop at Mike Aulby's Arrowhead Bowl in Lafayette is work a look. They have a website: http://www.triplecrownproshop.com/

I live in the Indianapolis area and I've gone up there a couple times with a couple buddies to try different balls. Tom has probably around 50 balls with interchangeable inserts to let people try them out and if it's not too busy he will watch you throw and help make recommendations.

http://bencaruso.com/bowling/index.aspx

Thanks! Lafayette is still a bit of a haul tho, it's about 3 hours as well. There is a local shop that have a couple balls to test but I refuse to do any business with them. All the guys I've ever talked to there were jerks and when I had some lane damage on my ball they went to fix the slug chipped out and drilled it forward pitch instead of reverse. Luckily he didn't go all the way down. Took it from them and my guy was able to fix their screw up without having to completely plug it.

Here is a quick vid of the new ghost. This is on a flooded 42' pattern. Nevermind the madness, I was right in between 19 kids having 2 separate bday parties. I didnt get to video much. They were all standing on the approach and kept loosing balls and rolling at me. Didn't leave my cam out for long. Love how strong but smooth this ball is even on heavy conditions.

http://vid1029.photobucket.com/album...psloeutw06.mp4
    Current arsenal:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12