Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well I couldn't take it anymore

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Default Well I couldn't take it anymore

I quit my afternoon senior league. I had issues with the pace and the socializing instead of bowling. I am a man with zero patience and anxity issues. I got upset everytime I went and got home in a bad mood all the time. I will still bowl with a friend or alone until I can get good enough to join a real league
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

how slow is the pace that you left the league and your team?

As much as I hated a teammate, the house, or league, I still wouldn't walk out on my other teammates. I am in a situation where I don't want to be in right now and I want out. But I cannot leave my teammates hanging.

Bummer. I know the feeling some weeks. This past week we were still in the 3rd frame of the final game when every other pair was done - our opponents just moved so slow. Perhaps in addition to doing some open bowling with your friend, you can find some leagues you would be comfortable subbing in on occasion.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Hang in there! You'll find a league that fits better.

I want off of my team because of pace of play but will finish the season and then leave this team. We finish last every week because of 1 guy who doesn't even stand up to bowl until his name is up for a couple of minutes.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by ep1977 View Post
    I want off of my team because of pace of play but will finish the season and then leave this team. We finish last every week because of 1 guy who doesn't even stand up to bowl until his name is up for a couple of minutes.
    We have a guy on our Thursday night league like that he is always standing around
    talking to someone at the other end of the center or sometimes right at the back of
    our pair of lanes or at the snack bar getting beer. We have to go hunt him down most
    of the time or holler at him to come bowl as he is usually pretty well lit up (drunk).
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

We have a team that is done last every week, and it is comprised of guys all under 30. Pretty good bowlers but they take forever every night.

One thing that drives me nuts in a lot of the senior leagues in Vegas is the insistence on a two-lane courtesy. That being said, half of the bowlers jump up before it's their turn to finish off a spare. They jump up, take half the time that they take on their strike shot, and then wonder why they miss the spare. Personally, I'd like to see a one lane courtesy, where everyone bowls in turn and is ready to bowl when it's their turn... I guess that's just too much to ask.

Unless in tournament, there is no reason for two lane courtesy. Just get horse blinders

Ringer

Unfortunately, most league bowling has turned into pure socializing with the bowling aspect being secondary. It should not take 10 people on a pair over three hours to bowl 3 games. That is one of the biggest things causing a downturn in league participation. It is understandable to want to talk to teammates and friends, but when it is your turn in the lineup get up there and just do it. One lane courtesy is all that is needed in leagues. Two lane courtesy is ridiculous.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast