Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well I couldn't take it anymore

It doesn't really matter what team you bowl on, you will face some of the same situations because you will bowl against or next to the slower or annoying bowlers, the teams I am on are comprised of guys who are ready to bowl when it's their turn but we still end up finishing late when playing the 2 lane courtesy or stand there forever teams.

The best thing to do might be to find a way to distract yourself and not let it get to you, it's just a fact of bowling, there will be slow bowlers to contend with, there will be guys who stay on the approach to wait for their ball to shoot the spare, there will be guys who are busy talking or wandering around, there will be teams with balls overflowing the ball rack, there will be guys who run out for a smoke or get caught in line at the snack counter or the bar.

There will be guys that trash talk and ones that give you unsolicited advice ....it's all part of the game .......and if they see that whatever they do gets you upset and screws with your game they will continue to do it. It's not like the average league guy is bowling for a living so try not to let the little things bother you, just go out and have fun.

Chats: 0

I got upset everytime I went and got home in a bad mood all the time. Quote from Lou.

I agree 100 percent here. Paying to do any recreational activity, must be fun.

I'd like to see a one lane courtesy, where everyone bowls in turn and is ready to bowl when it's their turn. Quote from Rob

100 percent here.

It doesn't really matter what team you bowl on, you will face some of the same situations because you will bowl against or next to the slower or annoying bowlers, the teams I am on are comprised of guys who are ready to bowl when it's their turn but we still end up finishing late when playing the 2 lane courtesy or stand there forever teams.

The best thing to do might be to find a way to distract yourself and not let it get to you, it's just a fact of bowling, there will be slow bowlers to contend with, there will be guys who stay on the approach to wait for their ball to shoot the spare, there will be guys who are busy talking or wandering around, there will be teams with balls overflowing the ball rack, there will be guys who run out for a smoke or get caught in line at the snack counter or the bar.

There will be guys that trash talk and ones that give you unsolicited advice ....it's all part of the game .......and if they see that whatever they do gets you upset and screws with your game they will continue to do it. It's not like the average league guy is bowling for a living so try not to let the little things bother you, just go out and have fun. Quote from Tony

Tony crushed this response 100 percent and should win the bowling ball
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

In my Thursday league we are first shift, with a league pretty close behind us - so we have to be off the lanes by a certain time. This still doesn't stop a few teams from taking their sweet time talking, socializing, etc... it actually makes me antsy when I know we're behind in that league as I can understand being courteous for the next league. This week when all other teams were done, one pair was on frame 2 of game 3. Not sure what happened there, I didn't stick around to find out.

Chats: 10

I get annoyed when it takes other bowlers a while to bowl, specially when its the same people all the time. We have a guy in the league when he is on the approach, he takes 30 seconds to roll the ball. Too much thinking for me. Everyone gets annoyed with guy!
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

I was in a men's scratch league with some local pros and serious league bowlers. We didn't observe two lane courtesy. We started at 7 and we're done before 9 plus alcohol. So, to be in a league with 3 bowlers per team, and take 2.5 to 3 hours to get done is really trying....

Pin Crusher

I was away from league for some time, so coming back and having a two lane courtesy was a new thing for me. I've gotten used to it. I still can't get used to the guys that don't get up to bowl when it's time, and if you're that guy who stands on the lane waiting for your ball to come back, be prepared. I will call you on that!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Hmmm. Well, senior leagues I have found are notoriously slow. And slower depending on the average age of the bowler. I give them a great deal of credit if they are there bowling when they are close to 90!!! Don't bowl as many strikes so it takes twice as long because they have to bowl two balls for each frame, but they are there and they are cranking those balls down the lanes. Need patience for sure!!!

I have pretty much learned what guys are looking for 2 lanes of courtesy and for the most part I will go along with it, but there are a couple of guys who are kind of jerks about it and I know it bugs them so I'll go ahead and bowl .....

One of the teams I was on last winter, got me a bit frustrated. We had one bowler who insisted on getting a high five after every frame. Didn't matter what she bowled, she had to have a high 5.

One of the guys was a senior, but only had 2 interests. Getting drunk and socializing.

The other guy was a socializer as well, but he was always ready to bowl. He was also looking to get better and more consistent. He just got up to the line and let it rip! But when I got him to slow down his approach and release, he was much better.

I got annoyed with the constant high fives and very slow pace, but since I committed myself to the team for the season, I was not going to bail out on them no matter how annoying it was.

I do bowl in a senior league right now, and while it's a slow pace I don't mind it. I actually prefer a slow pace and they're no bad bowlers.

Yes, at the age of 54, I am one of the younger players there, but they're actually a pretty good bunch and I enjoy bowling with them.

One of my teammates had to quit for health issues and during the middle of one of our games they said, oh, by the way, you're the new team Captain! lol
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

About 15 years ago I was bowling in a fun league with my wife and another couple. The wife of the other couple only got out of the house to bowl in this league (after she deposited her kids with the baby sitter). She was so adamant about high fives on every shot that on one occasion, when she threw a rare strike, I high-tailed it to the men's room to avoid her. Low and behold, when I came back out, there she was standing with her hand in the air, waiting for her high five. She also did her "turkey dance" when anyone threw three in a row. Needless to say, we didn't bowl with them again. LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast