Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any hobbies or sports that you love as much as bowling?

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by KYDave View Post
    Nice Camaro Lou! Those are some serious cams.
    I don't go to the track much anymore. A lot of egos and trash talk these days.

Seriously big cam. And not a lot of guys still have the brass to race with a stick!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

I have been a tennis player most of my life. It was my life as a teenager in high school, and coached it in college.

RC Model Planes and Riding my Electra Glide, Bowling by far the cheapest...

Ringer

That would be taking my son fishing!!

Photography
    Volleyball (not rec, actual volleyball)
    Auto Detailing - less and less interested though, a lot of work

Running (hence username) although that is starting to dwindle just a bit due to time and other priorities... golf (picking up some of the running window) and music/music production. Getting back into the instruments and DAW environment, but it's gonna be a bit of time before that really picks up with any original work.

I would say cars (just picked up a 2004 RX8 for free to work on/play with, got it running with a few DIY repairs) but way less than some of you guys

Golf - I try to play a minimum of once a week. Hockey - I started playing hockey long before I started bowling. I just put the pads back on and played in a pick-up game a few weeks ago after about an 8 year layoff - just a few hours before league night, at that!
    Equipment Storm Intense, Storm Byte, Storm Crux, Storm Optimus Solid, Roto Grip Menace (deceased) Hammer Nail Smoke & Fire (deceased), Ebonite Maxim (spare)
    Achievements High sanctioned game - 300 (4); High sanctioned series - 772

I do RC trucks/cars (off/on road) for 3 decades, but not as serious as I once was....No more time for racing, just bash with my boy and 3 year daughter. 3 yr old uses my crawler and she complains it's too slow.

Other hobbies were golf (4 times a week) - after 16 yrs and being at the range/course everyday (family owned a restaurant at the range) I just suddenly stopped in 2009. R7's were my last sticks. The fun wasn't there anymore and friends took too much mulligans lol.... but this spring, I will be taking those sticks out again. my boy wants to learn and we live between two courses and a range. 10 - 15 minute walk.

Chats: 4

Wait.........What......... you mean there's something else besides bowling
    in this world to do? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by StormTex View Post
    RC Model Planes and Riding my Electra Glide, Bowling by far the cheapest...
    What types of RC planes? My son is wanting to get into Drone and Helicopter RCs.
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

I am a proud winner of a Bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast