Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really good video explaing the modern release

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Default Really good video explaing the modern release

I went to Kegel Training Center last week and they basically said they teach what they think is the best way to bowl so they taught me the modern release. I spent the whole day there working on the new release and body posture. I also used some of the Eileen's Bowling Buddies products when I was there and I really liked them. I thought they helped a lot.

Anyway, I left Kegel with a lot more knowledge but also a lot of things to work on so I decided to buy my own Eileen's Bowling Buddies products to help me work on the new release. Anyway, they had this instructional video and while watching it, I had the AHA moment. This video really helped me clarify and understand what I needed to do so I hope it helps everyone as much as it did me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-op...ature=youtu.be

Also as an update, I went to Kegel last Thursday 1/27. I did a practice session Monday and bowled my leagues Weds and Thursday.

On my Weds league, I did ok 199, 192 and 163. I was using the new release and when I did it properly, I did feel like my ball hit with more power and I carried better but my old habits kept creeping in so consistency wasn't there.

Thursday I did a 153, 194 and 238. First game and most of the 2nd game I was awful. I was trying to use my new release but kept reverting back to my old habits so I was in between and awful. It wasn't until the 8th frame of the 2nd game, I slowly went over everything I worked on at Kegel and I realized I was too upright and the coach wanted me to have a 45 degree spine tilt. That made all the difference, it freed up my arm swing, my accuracy went up and I was pounding the pocket. Except for 2 ringing 10s and a stone 9, I could have had a huge game.

So I'm hopeful I can remember these keys and continue working on the new release.

Great video! Don't tell the guys who still think that the wrist has to stay cupped... it might rock their world and really upset them! LOL

I like his products, but I can't find myself to spend that much on training aides for personal use. so I made mine and improvised on some over the last year and half or 2 years. These drills do work and this 200 plus average bowler gained more pins and rotation.

So JasonNJ, just keep working on what you've learned, you'll see improvements for sure. If you plan on getting these training aides, buying the bundle can save you money. Also, pithing in with friends too can save you money.

I made My rev trainer for less than $15 dollars. Harbor Freight sells the bearings for less than $2 and home depot has the 2 x 10 for the base. If you have a bowling pin, you can add lead weights and a handle to make your own swing trainer. Or use a long tube sock lol. I have soft balls and a practice pitching net (golf). The net catches the balls and you don't need to be running after the balls. The wife has a 10 lbs yoga sandbag and I have impact saddle sandbags at 15 lbs. ($20) - swing trainers.

Eileen's youtube videos are great. He's yo-yo explanation was really good...... Good training tools for coaches and serious bowlers.....

Awesome!

Did you take the full day or half? I've really considered going to one of these, but the distance and expense of training/hotel/gas/etc adds up in a hurry.

I recently picked up the release trainer, and happy so far with what it has done for me. I also use it as a weight doing some timing practice.

Agreed on the rev trainer, very spendy for what it is. As soon as I saw it I knew what it was being that roll tops are used often in industrial and shipping companies.

Fokai- can you post a pic of the rev trainer you made?
    Current arsenal:
    Motiv Trident Motiv Jackal Ghost RG No Rules RG DareDevil
    C300 Impulse Hammer Black Urethane

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by fokai73 View Post
    I like his products, but I can't find myself to spend that much on training aides for personal use. so I made mine and improvised on some over the last year and half or 2 years. These drills do work and this 200 plus average bowler gained more pins and rotation.

So JasonNJ, just keep working on what you've learned, you'll see improvements for sure. If you plan on getting these training aides, buying the bundle can save you money. Also, pithing in with friends too can save you money.

I made My rev trainer for less than $15 dollars. Harbor Freight sells the bearings for less than $2 and home depot has the 2 x 10 for the base. If you have a bowling pin, you can add lead weights and a handle to make your own swing trainer. Or use a long tube sock lol. I have soft balls and a practice pitching net (golf). The net catches the balls and you don't need to be running after the balls. The wife has a 10 lbs yoga sandbag and I have impact saddle sandbags at 15 lbs. ($20) - swing trainers.

Eileen's youtube videos are great. He's yo-yo explanation was really good...... Good training tools for coaches and serious bowlers.....
    Yeah I'm going to stick with it, I see the improvement I just don't have the consistency yet. Anyway I already ordered the bundle and it was just shipped so I should get it some time this week. You should start a DIY thread, I definitely would have been interested in it if I had not already order the bundle.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by KYDave View Post
    Awesome!

Did you take the full day or half? I've really considered going to one of these, but the distance and expense of training/hotel/gas/etc adds up in a hurry.

I recently picked up the release trainer, and happy so far with what it has done for me. I also use it as a weight doing some timing practice.

Agreed on the rev trainer, very spendy for what it is. As soon as I saw it I knew what it was being that roll tops are used often in industrial and shipping companies.

Fokai- can you post a pic of the rev trainer you made?

My wife had already booked a trip to Disney so I figure I would take a day and head over to Kegel. I had bought the whole day but honestly it may have been too much. I was pretty wiped out the 2nd part of the day and being fatigued makes it tougher to focus on the lesson. If I ever go back for another lesson, I would just do the half day.

Funny how everyone seems to have overlooked the video in favor of the cost of Eileen's products, and trips to Kegel. The video is really informative and well worth the time it takes to watch it.!

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Funny how everyone seems to have overlooked the video in favor of the cost of Eileen's products, and trips to Kegel. The video is really informative and well worth the time it takes to watch it.!

Probably my fault. I should have started 2 threads. One just for the video and one for my Kegel trip. =P

Funny, seems like someone had overlooked a reply about how great the video and his products are.....

It's been awhile, glad to see this company getting more exposure. Been watching these vids the last 3 years or so....

KYDave...... Send a PM of your email address.... I'll send pics when I get home

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

FYI:

If you want to see the other two videos that go with that one, they are now posted in the video forum here:

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...es-parts-1-2-3

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast