Rev Rate: 500
Axis Tilt: 25
Axis Rotation: 45
Ball Speed:17
PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Description: Ghost (noun): A combination of the Predator V2 core with the chemistry of the new Coercion High Friction Solid cover stock that delivers more total hook potential than any previous Jackal with no loss in continuation. The Coercion HFS is the most aggressive cover stock to date on a bowling ball in the Jackal product line. Turned with a 3000 Grit Lss Finish, bowlers will see both excellent mid-lane read and unbelievable continuation.

Out of box surface: 3000 Grit LSS
Inner Core: Predator V2
Cover: Coercion™ HFS Solid

Summary

I’m a fan of the Jackal Ghost for several reasons. I’m a fan of the cover, the core, and the ball reaction. Every Jackal created has always done as advertised and the Ghost is no exception, the Ghost will give you a lot of hook upfront and plenty of continuation down lane. I really like how early it is and how it allows me to instantly carve a pattern to my liking, I can sit in the oil shaping the pattern to what I want it to be and as friction increases I can either ball down or move left. The Jackal Ghost WILL force you left at box unless you chose to shine it up, because I love the snow tire effect it has in the oil I leave mine at box. In my bowling bag everything hooks less than the Ghost; the Jackal LE overall is 3 board less than the Ghost however it does provide a bigger shape down lane responding faster, and the Trident is about 4 board less overall and also responds faster down lane than the Ghost.

The first layout I used on the Ghost was a low flare layout which allowed me to use the strength of the cover instead of the core, if I wanted more out of the Ghost it was a matter of adjusting the cover which I consider a benefit when using low flare layouts. Using the low flare layout I was able to play right longer and as the pattern started to break down it became a matter of adjusting my eyes rather than my feet, it was a predictable continuous reaction. The second layout I used in the Ghost was a bigger layout (50 x 4 ¾ x 60) which gave me an earlier/stronger reaction overall, I could easily open up the lanes with this reaction which I found favorable on longer and flatter patterns. Unlike the low flare layout I could really see the muscle of the core as the Ghost would make a heavy left turn, as I’ve stated before this is the strongest Jackal to date.

There is nothing like a bowling ball that does as advertised and the Jackal Ghost indeed is everything it is marketed to be, you can haunt your opponent and defeat them at the same time and I promise you’ll enjoy it.

Your game with thank you for it.

K.C. White II
Motiv Staff
Whybowl Staff
Mongoose Tape Staff