Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Benchmark ball

Thank you everyone for your input! I will continue to work on my skills and get more accurate with my current arsenal before thinking of another ball!

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Algamotorsports67 View Post
    Thank you everyone for your input! I will continue to work on my skills and get more accurate with my current arsenal before thinking of another ball!
    I think that's a good move. Especially if you are only bowling on house shots, then the 2 balls you have should be enough and I agree with the other guys, the next ball should be a spare ball.

I agree with what the others have said.

The Forrest green quantum and ebonite cyclone should be good enough for you to work with until you feel comfortable with them. The cyclone being the weaker of the 2 can be your "benchmark" meaning you can use this in any condition and adjust as needed. Once you master that ball you should step up to the Quantum which is the stronger ball.

I have recently begun relearning to bowl, basically. I used to bowl with a plastic ball without my thumb and have started to bowl traditionally with newer balls, learning the physical part (footwork, arm swing, etc.) is the most important part right now.
    In my bag........15lbs Ebonite Pivot Master (overseas), Ebonite The One Boss (overseas), Ebonite Verdict, Ebonite GameBreaker 2 Gold
    Lefty, Rev Rate 370, Speed 17mph

Brunswick's Forest Green Quantum is the top end of bowling balls (along with the Fire Pearl), and for a THS it needs to be drilled for length or it will be far too strong.

Even with it being drilled for length, it could become too much because it is such a powerful ball.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    Chronic Paranoia is a really good benchmark for THS.
    Absolutely

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12