Thread: Having Trouble posting a new thread.

Default Having Trouble posting a new thread.

I have had trouble trying to insert the title, click on the title box and after about 1 to 2 seconds the cursor drops off and nothing is input.
    Also in the body can type a small amount then it stops responding and have to click again on the spot and try to type a little more
    Have not had this problem in responding to a post, just starting a new one.
    The only way I even got all this typed into a post was by typing it up in word and then copy / paste it to the thread.
    Anyone else having this issue / admin aware of an issue ?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

I haven't particularly seen that happen, the closest I've had is the insert (|) cursor disappear but you could still type.

It usually returned when the page was reloaded/changed or the browser restarted, So I'm guessing it's a browser issue of some kind.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    I haven't particularly seen that happen, the closest I've had is the insert (|) cursor disappear but you could still type.

It usually returned when the page was reloaded/changed or the browser restarted, So I'm guessing it's a browser issue of some kind.
    Not sure what caused it, the browser I am using is Opera. I do know that refreshing the page or shutting down and restarting browser, starting a new session did not change it.
    I was able to post then only by typing the message in word and copy / paste......now an hour later without rebooting, or changing anything on my system it works fine again.
    I had no trouble with other web sites or using other programs in the computer at that time, so it looked more like a web-site issue from that perspective.
    It's working fine again for me now, so at least you know if it comes up again what the parameters were so you can compare and see what's going on.
    Thanks for responding !

Chats: 4

I had the same problem the other day with the same problem
    as you were having typing a message in a post.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 32

I haven't been able to post at all here lately. That's why you haven't seen me the last 3-4 days. It would type few letters then the cursor would disappear then i'd put it back and if I pressed the space bar it was gone again and moved the whole page up. Seems to be better today.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I haven't been able to post at all here lately. That's why you haven't seen me the last 3-4 days. It would type few letters then the cursor would disappear then i'd put it back and if I pressed the space bar it was gone again and moved the whole page up. Seems to be better today.
    Yep the same thing was happening to me with the space bar
    the other day.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Update:
    Still continue to have issues with posting, the curser disappears or becomes unresponsive, other times it works just fine.
    It appears to me that it might be a site issue but on the suggestion it might be a browser issue I logged into the site on another browser (google chrome) as opposed to the usual Opera.
    Then this morning when the problem appeared again using Opera, I logged in on chrome and found it was doing the exact same thing.
    FYI: The only way I was able to post this message was typing in word and pasting it into the post.
    Last edited by Tony; 03-05-2017 at 09:41 AM.