Thread: bdtrob300's less than triumphant return to the lanes

Default bdtrob300's less than triumphant return to the lanes

Starting back to bowling after a year hiatus, just been super hard to commit to something with two small kids (2&4) and a wife that went back to college full time. So I ditched my team last year and quit after 4 weeks, realizing that it just wasn't going to work.
    Now, I've returned. Got hooked up with a league that needed a bowler to cover the last 8 weeks of their season. I'm hoping to use this to spring board into summer league and then get into a competitive league or two this coming fall.

So far I've bowled 2 series in the new league,
    A 481 and a 530. Before I quit last year I was averaging 195, this I'm a bit disappointed with my scores. But I keep telling myself I just need to get back into it, shake off the rust. I've found my targeting has been way off, and I've slipped into bad habits, like looking down at the foul line on delivery, that I have work past in my game up until now. Maybe I'm just being hard on myself, but I didn't think it would be this tough to get back into the groove.

Oh well, I bowl again this Friday, I plan to keep posting and blogging here about my journey back into the sport.

https://youtu.be/KHC3tcrNhJ8

Also took a video during open bowling two weeks ago, literally my first game in over a year.

I definitely need to work on the knee bend. Lol

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by bdtrob300 View Post
    I definitely need to work on the knee bend. Lol
    Yep that is a fact on getting some knee bend I used to do the same thing
    way,way,way, back when I first started bowling. I was very inconstant with
    my shot until I started getting some knee bend at the foul line.

Anyway good luck on getting the knee to bend some.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

League night Friday, Was a whole range of suck. Lol

Went 187, 153, 181. Just couldn't repeat shots all night, missing my mark more consistently than hitting it.
    I bowled out afterward since next week is my anniversary,l and my wife isn't as cool/supportive of my bowling habit as she used to be. Lol

The alley proprietor told me to stay on the same pair I just bowled on for my bowl out. I know in other leagues I've been in, that certainly would've have been ok.
    But hey, if they don't care, I'll take advantage.

Went 212, 187 and 267. It was nice, I was actually able to get into a groove and repeat shots, had a nice line with a big cushion to the left and right, pretty much perfect conditions that you could hope for after leagues, the shot stayed nice is didn't get burnt up.

Hopefully after missing next week, I can return the following week and pick up where I left off.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Nice second set, keep up the good work!!