Thread: which is better trump or obama care

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default which is better trump or obama care

????

Chats: 22

Which pile of poop smells better? Hard questions like these should only be asked once every four years.
    "If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?" - Steven Wright

Not hardly a bowling or sports question. If you are rich or young then Trumpcare will probably be better for you. If you are old or poor then the Affordable Care Act will be better. It all depends on your point of view. Trump is not doing anyone any favors in the long run. The whole program will take three years to implement and will be signficantly different at the end than what they are proposing right now. Let the buyer beware!!!

Pin Crusher

C. A. O. says 14,000,000 will lose care. Under GOP care.
    Last edited by fordman1; 03-14-2017 at 02:17 PM.

Chats: 55

Not an easy task for a layman to determine....

In order to read the "repeal and replace" bill (which is 123 pages) you would have to have the original ACA bill (which if I remember correctly was close to 1000 pages) and then mark it according to the "changes" that the Trump "repeal and replace" bill makes to the original in order to even begin to understand what the "Actual New Bill" would read like. Therefore, I can't say that I've read the new changes-yet.

In my humble opinion, and from what I remember from my school days long ago, repeal and replace would mean "out with the old, in with the new" - not amend this old ACA to read like "xyz".

All I really know, is I would love to be able to purchase a decent health care plan, that doesn't require me to have maternity care (get a grip - I'm over 60 years old); would allow me to use the doctor of my choice (even if he isn't considered on the norm of western medicine); and have a lower deductible ($5,000); and not pay more than my premiums have increased to over the last three years (went from $260/mo to $475/mo currently).

I recently checked into a plan, that would pay me directly a fee for services; ie, doctor visit $60; blood draw-$25; and so forth. It wasn't ACA compliant, had a $2000 deductible on major medical, saved me about $150 a month in premiums. BUT, because it wasn't ACA compliant my "penalty" at tax time would be $1390. The penalty is $695 per person - in the household, so it was based on two of us, myself and my husband. Yet, he's covered under Medicare.

Yes, I am for changes! Just wish there was an easy way to read what changes may be coming our way!
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Pin Crusher

Thanks Granny I liked your post and understand
    My insurance is pretty good. I have no complaints. I don't have A.C.A. I have my insurance through my UAW retirement union plan. I still can't figure out why so many people are against unions.

I bet it would cost me more in the long run but I would like to see a national health care like every other civilized country in the world has. Being America we should be able to do it cheaper and better "no waits" I guess a little pressure on the drug companies wouldn't hurt either.

If they had to raise my taxes a few dollars a year I would gladly pay if everyone had health care as good as mine and there would not have to be any out of pocket for anyone.
    Of course there would not be anyway to make a HUGE profit from doing what is right so it won't ever happen.