Thread: Tue Amateur Tournament - Anyone played it?

Chats: 0

Default True Amateur Tournament - Anyone played it?

Hi all,

I'm considering playing the TAT Summer Classic event at the Orleans in Las Vegas this July. Any of you have any experience with it?

I'd like to get all my squads in the Thursday thru Saturday time frame, then (ideally) play the finals on Sunday. Based on past stats, I'm confident I could make it into the finals.

This thing runs an entire WEEK. I'd rather not take that much time away from the office, so have any of you done it by playing all your squads in just the last few days? No problem on stamina for me... I can play twelve games a day easily and score up to my standards.

One thing that I'm wondering about also is averages. My sanctioned average at my home house is 148, but I'll often average between 170 and 190 at tournaments (because lanes are dressed better, shot is often easier, and there's no idiots screwing around socializing, delaying play and otherwise making me tight). If any of you have played it, did you get re-rated if you put up high scores in your first few squads? I'm going to go for the 'Full Marathon' package, so I'd be playing five qualifying squads as well as four or five of the 2-game 'VIP Squads'.

Would love to hear anyone's experience with this event... I think I could make money on it pretty easily, and play some horse races in the Orleans sports book during the downtime (which is right downstairs from the bowling center).
    Last edited by DMS; 03-12-2017 at 01:10 PM.