Thread: Fooling the computer

Default Fooling the computer

So...my wife throws a shot,and takes out most of the left side pins. Left most of the right side standing. The 7 pin did a weird flip, and landed right side up at the back of the pit on the left hand corner. She was waiting for her ball to return,the machine swept the pins, and the scoreboard gave her a strike!
    We are both senior bowlers just getting back into it. She bowls with a plastic ball...has no form, and still gets at least one strike per game.
    I'm trying to figure out my strike ball...DV8 Outcast. I usually stand at the 10 board, and try to roll over the 1st arrow. I think the lane was dry, and I have had success when I do my part. Suddenly I was getting several seven ten splits. Been working with a coach, and last night I was putting more oomph on the ball.
    Main thing is...we had a blast!

It's funny how things happen sometimes.
    Many places have leagues especially for seniors. Several years ago I found myself retired and my wife suggested that I look for a league as I had enjoyed it a lot, but that was over 30 years ago. I still had my old gear and tried to use it. Needed new shoes and the ball needed new grips so I thought. Actually I was surprised to see that my ball wasn't acting very well. I liked throwing a bit of a hook and it was gone. Learned that the lanes, the oil and the balls had changed.
    Found a senior league that I thought I'd fit into and still doing it. Bought a couple of new balls and a roller bag, too, along with new shoes. It's been a real trip and my scores are higher than ever before.
    Have fun and look for one of those senior leagues. I think you'll enjoy it and meet a few new friends, too...