Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ICEMAN does it,,,

Chats: 204

Wait...

WHAT!?

So let me get this straight...Iceman is alive...and he has returned??

What the .....????

Apparently...the nursing home has finally got wifi.

Welcome back Mr. Ice.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Look and weep Aslan! It might be getting time to teach you another lesson in regards to respect for your elder superiors! Maybe this coming summer we will have another RUMBLE in Vegas! I am going to the Star Trek big event coming up in August. You would fit right in with all the other Trekes! You won't even have to wear a costume, or mask! You might wear a badge on your left lapel stating of this planet, just so some alien chick doesn't get all worked up. O,,, wow,, thought just came to me, maybe the perfect date for you just might be some blind, can't bowl, one legged, deaf, fer-ring-IE chick! That way she would not have to watch you attempt bowling, hear you whine, that high pitched, plaintive distressed cry, when you fail again to beat (this Old Man). Rob is letting me park my RV outside his place,,, even offered to let me use his electricity, and local curb-side sewer! I will be there, are you up to another failed challenge.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

I only had that ONE LESSON form Rob,,, I even remember falling down in awe to just how profound that lesson was! You probably remember,, when I came to after that out of body experience, I knew then that This 834 was going to happen! I know, (from reading many of your worthless posts), even will all your coaches, something is seriously lacking in your attempts to learn to bowl..... I feel sorry for the coaches,,, THEY can't work miracles! IT would be like an artist without his paint. ONE lesson from the amazing Rob,,, and LOOK at what he created. I went back and counted how many lessons you have had, and my first impression was,,, "Wow,,, this guy should be on the Pro tour! Knowledge is one thing, but raw talent is another, I rest my case. I want you to THINK about another rumble! Any format you want!!! I can get a pass form the retirement home for that week I am sure!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Really Great bowling, it's great to see even an old man from Po-dunk can hit the big time ! I guess all it took was the one lesson , and a few years of practice,lol

(Seriously, awesome bowling ! )
    Last edited by Tony; 03-16-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Chats: 0

Welcome back Iceman. Congrats on the exceptional bowling.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Look and weep Aslan! It might be getting time to teach you another lesson in regards to respect for your elder superiors! Maybe this coming summer we will have another RUMBLE in Vegas!
    The real question is....if Iceman can bowl an 800+....how BAD are Ron and Joyce (see picture)!?

I'm actually moving back to the Midwest. Probably the Des Moines area...but who knows...maybe the Kansas City area...take advantage of the apparently easy lane conditions. If Iceman can bowl an 800 series...I should probably be the first person in bowling history to bowl 3 900 series!!

I am going to the Star Trek big event coming up in August. You would fit right in with all the other Trekes! You won't even have to wear a costume, or mask! You might wear a badge on your left lapel stating of this planet, just so some alien chick doesn't get all worked up. O,,, wow,, thought just came to me, maybe the perfect date for you just might be some blind, can't bowl, one legged, deaf, fer-ring-IE chick!
    If a Ferngie chick is deaf...is she also baron? <----that's a really dorky Star Trek joke that requires knowledge of Fernengie anatomy. Feel free (Ice) to use it at the convention...I'm sure it'll be quite the conversation piece.

Rob is letting me park my RV outside his place,,, even offered to let me use his electricity, and local curb-side sewer! I will be there, are you up to another failed challenge.
    Well, that's very "cousin Eddie" sounding.
    RobM hasn't really replied much to my ramblings as of late...after his lengthy battle with MWhite...he may have wrote off all people residing in California...hard to say. You older folks have that tendency to get easily offended and disappear for 1-2 years.

I only had that ONE LESSON form Rob,,, I even remember falling down
    That was my favorite part! It wasn't as funny as when MWhite did it at the 2nd Annual AVZBHMSCI...but that's only because your bones are more fragile and initially there was some degree of concern. Funny how RobM's instructions were just to "walk forward"...yet somehow, that was incredibly difficult. But...you survived...you made it...and here you are!! Well done!

in awe to just how profound that lesson was! You probably remember,, when I came to after that out of body experience, I knew then that This 834 was going to happen!
    You also predicted Aliens would come to Earth and open an intergalactic WalMart...but who's keeping track?

I know, (from reading many of your worthless posts), even will all your coaches, something is seriously lacking in your attempts to learn to bowl..... I feel sorry for the coaches,,, THEY can't work miracles! IT would be like an artist without his paint.
    I keep telling them that same thing...but they keep taking my money anyway. God love em and their eternal optimism.

ONE lesson from the amazing Rob,,, and LOOK at what he created.
    A sprained ankle and a nearly cracked hip???

I went back and counted how many lessons you have had, and my first impression was,,, "Wow,,, this guy should be on the Pro tour! Knowledge is one thing, but raw talent is another, I rest my case. I want you to THINK about another rumble! Any format you want!!! I can get a pass form the retirement home for that week I am sure!
    I agree...you have definitely don't have pro tour knowledge...so it MUST be natural ability!
    Soon...soon it'll be time for the Aslan vs. Iceman Invitational (2nd triennial?)...I'll try to put up more of a fight this time. Rob M, as previous Champion, would get an automatic invitation. We just have to fill out those last two spots with worthy adversaries and try to find a convenient, fair location. I suggest, the National Bowling Stadium in Reno Nevada...that takes RobM's Vegas advantage off the table and is truly the only venue worthy of such a prestigious event. But...given my current job/moving situation...we'll have to put it on hold temporarily.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 0

I have missed the entertaining jocularity between Aslan and Ice.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Note to Aslan: I have continued to be active on this site daily. I have just tried to stay away from your score postings after your stubborn stance on bowling balls. I hate to witness anyone constantly shooting themselves in the foot, so I tend to look away! I check in occasionally to see if you have gotten it yet. I still haven't given up hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    I have missed the entertaining jocularity between Aslan and Ice.
    Don't worry....it's a relatively frequent occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Note to Aslan: I have continued to be active on this site daily. I have just tried to stay away from your score postings after your stubborn stance on bowling balls. I hate to witness anyone constantly shooting themselves in the foot, so I tend to look away! I check in occasionally to see if you have gotten it yet. I still haven't given up hope.
    I don't really have a "stance", per se. I just don't understand the point of surfaced bowling balls on a THS. It's been years since I bowled on a pattern where my polished pearls didn't burn out rather quickly. I tried throwing a solid with a polished 3000 surface on it...Tuesday...and it started rolling out midway down the lane. I'm dreading moving to the Midwest and bowling on beat up, old, wood lanes. I might as well just loft it like a horseshoe...hope for the best. Maybe I'll get some use out of the 300A finally.

Granted. I'm still working on my "inside game"...so hopefully I figure things out eventually. : )

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast