Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: ICEMAN does it,,,

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Well my partner and me are truly kicking some ask on the AMF Big 22! Its the league that has a big pot, winners last year got 4000.00 each, (teams of two bowlers). AJ, and Iceman have an 11 game lead at our AMF with very little handicap. This last Saturday we won all four, against the Winners of last years 4000.00 Jason, and Bruce! Now this is the best part, I beat them without my partner, who did not pre bowel, which cost a minus -10 pins of his average on the blind. WON ALL FOUR by myself! ICEMAN! I have been bowling RED HOT, (not good for ICEMAN), for several weeks now at two different houses. If you were to call Gladstone Bowl, in Gladstone Missouri, they would verify that I am carrying a 225 at the present time. and on the Big 22 mentioned above Its a 207, but going up. Its like something inside me has come to life again, Born Again. It was some tough oil I must say, when I beat Jason and Bruce with the 10 point decuction last week, Jason with a 220 average and Bruce with a 215 average both bowled poorly,,,, Scores
    1. Burce 571
    2. Jason 599

3. Iceamn 646
    4. AJ 191 blind,, x 3 minus 10

Bruce and Jason didn't get any handicap, I did get 27 for our team. Won all 4 on the HUGE money league! Only 5 weeks to go with an 11 game lead.

All this with just ONE GOOD LESSON from Rob! I guess I am a QUICK learner Aslan???? What else could it be???? (
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 05-01-2017 at 12:11 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Well my partner and me are truly kicking some ask on the AMF Big 22! Its the league that has a big pot, winners last year got 4000.00 each, (teams of two bowlers). AJ, and Iceman have an 11 game lead at our AMF with very little handicap. This last Saturday we won all four, against the Winners of last years 4000.00 Jason, and Bruce! Now this is the best part, I beat them without my partner, who did not pre bowel, which cost a minus -10 pins of his average on the blind. WON ALL FOUR by myself! ICEMAN! I have been bowling RED HOT, (not good for ICEMAN), for several weeks now at two different houses. If you were to call Gladstone Bowl, in Gladstone Missouri, they would verify that I am carrying a 225 at the present time. and on the Big 22 mentioned above Its a 207, but going up. Its like something inside me has come to life again, Born Again. It was some tough oil I must say, when I beat Jason and Bruce with the 10 point decuction last week, Jason with a 220 average and Bruce with a 215 average both bowled poorly,,,, Scores
    1. Burce 571
    2. Jason 599

3. Iceamn 646
    4. AJ 191 blind,, x 3 minus 10

Bruce and Jason didn't get any handicap, I did get 27 for our team. Won all 4 on the HUGE money league! Only 5 weeks to go with an 11 game lead.

All this with just ONE GOOD LESSON from Rob! I guess I am a QUICK learner Aslan???? What else could it be???? (
    No offense intended but it looks like you benefitted as much from your opponents both having bad a bad series on the same night as from bowling well. Had they bowled their averages you would have lost at least one game and wood.

Still 646 is a nice series. Keep on bowling well!
    John

Blog Entries

Yes Mr Anderson,,, ( you ever watched the Matrix LOL, mr Anderson ) Great movie, I believe they made 3 of them! I some times think we all might just be a computer program, like in
    the movie! Very interesting watch, makes you maybe question "What is Reality!"

In regards to them having a bad day, the Oil was tough for me too! I had to find a different First shot area to make my ball work! I usually use the 10 arrow, (sorry Rob), but I moved way left, and found a great shot between 3 arrow and 4! That adjustment was working pretty good, thus the 646. this all took place the Saturday before this last Saturday. We won all 4.

This last Saturday, April the 29, we won all four with my partner present... had a 247, 206, 234, for a 687,,, AJ partner had 219, 191, and 243 for a 653. I am pretty excited with our chances this year! AJ is a high 190's bowler who can on a give day do REAL WELL. Had his first 700 series a few weeks back. The oil/lanes, were much better for Jason and his partner Bruce, (who are in second place at this time), Their scores, Jason, (the dude), 689, Bruce 657! I did get beat by Jason, but only by 2 pins,,, GRRRRRRR %#$%@~!!! But I did get him the week before when I had the 646, to their Jason 599, and Bruce's 571, on the tough oil/lanes. It could be sometimes the Lane differences, not just the oil! One of the reasons I love bowling is that very difference, and the challenge! Tough Lanes are welcomed by ICEMAN, they are nothing but opportunities to explore different ways to conquer them!

We now have an 11 game lead, at our AMF, in THE BIG 22!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 05-01-2017 at 10:13 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Yes Mr Anderson,,, ( you ever watched the Matrix LOL, mr Anderson ) Great movie, I believe they made 3 of them! I some times think we all might just be a computer program, like in
    the movie! Very interesting watch, makes you maybe question "What is Reality!"

In regards to them having a bad day, the Oil was tough for me too! I had to find a different First shot area to make my ball work! I usually use the 10 arrow, (sorry Rob), but I moved way left, and found a great shot between 3 arrow and 4! That adjustment was working pretty good, thus the 646. this all took place the Saturday before this last Saturday. We won all 4.

This last Saturday, April the 29, we won all four with my partner present... had a 247, 206, 234, for a 687,,, AJ partner had 219, 191, and 243 for a 653. I am pretty excited with our chances this year! AJ is a high 190's bowler who can on a give day do REAL WELL. Had his first 700 series a few weeks back. The oil/lanes, were much better for Jason and his partner Bruce, (who are in second place at this time), Their scores, Jason, (the dude), 689, Bruce 657! I did get beat by Jason, but only by 2 pins,,, GRRRRRRR %#$%@~!!! But I did get him the week before when I had the 646, to their Jason 599, and Bruce's 571, on the tough oil/lanes. It could be sometimes the Lane differences, not just the oil! One of the reasons I love bowling is that very difference, and the challenge! Tough Lanes are welcomed by ICEMAN, they are nothing but opportunities to explore different ways to conquer them!

We now have an 11 game lead, at our AMF, in THE BIG 22!
    Yes my wife and I did eventually watch The Matrix. For some reason people are more likely to address me as Mr. Anderson than to call me Neo.

I have never figured out how to play the 10 arrow, mainly because we only get seven arrows here in CT. Maybe I need to move to the Show Me state.
    John

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I have never figured out how to play the 10 arrow, mainly because we only get seven arrows here in CT. Maybe I need to move to the Show Me state.
    I can play all the way left to board 39 to the left of the 7th arrow throwing right handed but
    dang I don't think even I could hit the 10th arrow. LOL!!!!!

I do believe what the iceman was meaning to say was he usually plays the 10th board.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    I can play all the way left to board 39 to the left of the 7th arrow throwing right handed but
    dang I don't think even I could hit the 10th arrow. LOL!!!!!

I do believe what the iceman was meaning to say was he usually plays the 10th board.
    Wider lanes out there maybe. Ten boards of area to play with and they all have arrows on them.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Even if you factor in that he had the bumpers up...and each of them is an arrow...that's still only 9 arrows.

In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 175; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries

well the winter leagues have all ended, and Iceman was only on 3 leagues, The Seniors mixer, a wendsday night league with my son Ice-son, and the Big 22 that has two weeks to go! We won the seniors league on Monday's at 1pm. That was a 3 person league that I bowled with my wife. She also won high sctatch for the women, with a 234. That's the league where I had the 834, (234, 300, 300). The wendsday night Bankers league, we won. That also included my wife, Son, and two of my friends. Now, as of last Saturday we won the Big 22 house league, which gives 100 bucks each to the winners. AW, and Ice. We won with two weeks to go because we won all 4 games against last years grand campions! That being The Dude, or as known on here as Jason. His team mate was a good bowler named Bruce. REMEMBER: the last time I bowl last years grand champions was without my partner, that did not pre bowl, and was out of town at his sisters wedding. So ICEMAN had to take 10 pins off of the average of my partner for EACH GAME. ICEMAN still waxed them even with the points off of AW's average. So in reality we have beat them 8 in a role! WHOOOPIE.....

At the end of this league, which is in two weeks, we will be going to College Lanes where all 5 of the AMF's winners, will go for the big cash prize of 4000.00 to each winner. Its good prize money even down to 10th place,,, but pays all the way, (I believe to 15th) place.

Iceman and AW, can do it this year.... My average is going up,,,, on all my leagues now that my shoulder cancer has healed and the open score that I battled all last year has closed. It was the size of a softball cut in half! Would post the picture, but it would gross many of you out how huge the opening was, and it could not be sewed up, but had to heal on its own!

I doing fine now, biking, lifting weights, eating organic stuff, along with a host of great healing foods and supplements.

You are what you EAT Bowlers,,, that's why I EAT NOTING but ICE!!

Iceman
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 204

This is really putting pressure on me to bowl an 835...

If we are what we eat...than I'm Little Caesar.

Blog Entries

If you bowl a 835,,,,,,, Ice will send you 5000.00 Big Bucks! That's a promise! That's how sure I am of your chances! But Dream Pizza boy,,,, DREAM BIG!!! When you do it, do it the ICEMAN way: twenty four strikes in a role.... whooopie.... I still can't believe it really happened so soon after my shoulder healed!! I think I am going into another dimension now in regards to bowling, and scores, all at the age of 68!! I think its a real possibility that I could wind up with a 220 average on the summer league at Gladstone. I bowl tomorrow, and it did drop from a 225.3 to a 217.... but my Ice Cold Heart tells me I am going to reach that pentacle this summer! Iowa is not that far away,,, maybe a you come to my wood lanes, and I drive up to your corn field lanes to bowl you in a winner take all
    tournament! Maybe I bring a couple friends, and we have a little 3 on 3 tournament for a huge prize of some kind. I would probably bring The Dude, and the Terminator with me!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast