Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: ICEMAN does it,,,

Chats: 1

OMG Iceman! Wow this feels like 3 years ago.

I'm new here, and to bowling in general, so I'm not sure what most of this means yet..... but congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by bigt_45 View Post
    I'm new here, and to bowling in general, so I'm not sure what most of this means yet..... but congrats!
    all you really need to know about this right here is that Iceman aka Michael is a old welder from the middle of the country. He used to be on the Boards everyday he's kinda crazy from all the fumes of his trade but he's a good guy, Aslan is a younger guy from out west I don't know about his work life but he is also not a bad guy. Aslan and Iceman are kinda Ken and Ryu from street fighter....... or maybe more Dan hibiki and Heihachi Mishima lol. Friends or enemys? who knows? Mostly just take Jabs at each other. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's annoying and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaescrub View Post
    all you really need to know about this right here is that Iceman aka Michael is a old welder from the middle of the country. He used to be on the Boards everyday he's kinda crazy from all the fumes of his trade but he's a good guy, Aslan is a younger guy from out west I don't know about his work life but he is also not a bad guy. Aslan and Iceman are kinda Ken and Ryu from street fighter....... or maybe more Dan hibiki and Heihachi Mishima lol. Friends or enemys? who knows? Mostly just take Jabs at each other. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's annoying and sad.
    I would add that ASLAN is also crazy from fumes, mostly from the bong I would assume, I think Ice has also suggested falling and hitting his head as another source causing the demented ramblings. Annoying, sad (and occasionally mildly entertaining) is a good description. Lets just hope the aimless rambling and massive quantities of foolish gibberish they might compile doesn't crash the server.....

HAHA Awesome! Sounds like my kind of party, wish I had some game to back up any sort of smack talk....maybe one day.

Chats: 204

And, you also need to know that Jaescrub refuses to change his profile picture despite it looking like him holding a giant dildo.

Also: There's no way that should get censored given that it's not a "bad word" and I'm not attempting to insult anyone and it's not my fault that the photo was taken in 1976 with some old Minolta camera.

And, where did Iceman go? The dude disappears for 3 years then pops in to do a #icemanbrag, then disappears? You KNOW he ain't busy. He's been retired since I've been out of college. I wasn't THAT harsh in my posts was I? I even restrained myself from talking about his "magical elixers" that seemed to upset him 3 years ago.

But yeah...Iceman and I initially started out as "forumenemies". I was a bull in the china shop early on and Ice was already the bull that had taken up residence in said china shop...but over time we came to enjoy our verbal "sparring". Eventually, it led to one of the greatest bowling events of ALL TIME: The "Aslan vs. Iceman Invitational" (see below)

Iceman and I became more "friendly" after meeting...as did I and RobM after we met up in Vegas earlier in the year...but at some point Iceman tried to put together a follow-up event in some barn somewhere...and got mad when nobody was really interested. I was actually interested...I just logistically couldn't make the trip. Vegas is an easy/cheap meet-up place...MWhite and I were only 4 hours away by car and RobM lives there...and it's always easy to catch another couple bowlers from that area or who are visiting. Staging an event in Johannesburg, Missouri...not as easy.

Some members found my and Ice's sparring entertaining...Bowl1820 probably found it "challenging" to keep order...and many of the more easily offended, older members found the debates to be useless, non-productive, and insulting to their delicate natures. So, it was a mixed bag. Ice left...I had money on alien abduction...and I have focused more effort on actually bowling versus talking endlessly about bowling...which has opened the door for some other members to sort of take the torch and guide the conversations rather than have folks like Ice and I dominate the forum.

And...I'm not "young". I'm 42 and feel quite old. I am a safety professional by trade...but am currently unemployed/temporarily retired and am working on some other projects such as stand-up comedy and writing (TV show, books, etc...).

I think I answered all the questions.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

For the most part he is telling the truth.
    1. I also suspected Alien abdication for ice mans disappearance.
    2. The photo was the only one that would fit the size required it's a 40oz of Ol E 800 in a brown paper bag, we had to drink them at our local pub to get our plaque for drinking over 200 different beers. http://www.mcnellies.com
    3. The photo was taking with a old flip phone lol.
    4. I always logged on first thing in the morning to see the banter between them.
    5. I forgot how much I missed being one here reading posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    And, you also need to know that Jaescrub refuses to change his profile picture despite it looking like him holding a giant dildo.

Also: There's no way that should get censored given that it's not a "bad word" and I'm not attempting to insult anyone and it's not my fault that the photo was taken in 1976 with some old Minolta camera.

And, where did Iceman go? The dude disappears for 3 years then pops in to do a #icemanbrag, then disappears? You KNOW he ain't busy. He's been retired since I've been out of college. I wasn't THAT harsh in my posts was I? I even restrained myself from talking about his "magical elixers" that seemed to upset him 3 years ago.

But yeah...Iceman and I initially started out as "forumenemies". I was a bull in the china shop early on and Ice was already the bull that had taken up residence in said china shop...but over time we came to enjoy our verbal "sparring". Eventually, it led to one of the greatest bowling events of ALL TIME: The "Aslan vs. Iceman Invitational" (see below)

Iceman and I became more "friendly" after meeting...as did I and RobM after we met up in Vegas earlier in the year...but at some point Iceman tried to put together a follow-up event in some barn somewhere...and got mad when nobody was really interested. I was actually interested...I just logistically couldn't make the trip. Vegas is an easy/cheap meet-up place...MWhite and I were only 4 hours away by car and RobM lives there...and it's always easy to catch another couple bowlers from that area or who are visiting. Staging an event in Johannesburg, Missouri...not as easy.

Some members found my and Ice's sparring entertaining...Bowl1820 probably found it "challenging" to keep order...and many of the more easily offended, older members found the debates to be useless, non-productive, and insulting to their delicate natures. So, it was a mixed bag. Ice left...I had money on alien abduction...and I have focused more effort on actually bowling versus talking endlessly about bowling...which has opened the door for some other members to sort of take the torch and guide the conversations rather than have folks like Ice and I dominate the forum.

And...I'm not "young". I'm 42 and feel quite old. I am a safety professional by trade...but am currently unemployed/temporarily retired and am working on some other projects such as stand-up comedy and writing (TV show, books, etc...).

I think I answered all the questions.
    I'm glad to hear it was you that drove him away and not my comments about being from Po-dunk and bowling on the lanes made of old barn wood, come to think of it he probably got the lane guy to route a path to the pocket on his special lane when he shot the two 300's. He did get mighty upset when people disputed his claims that drinking apple cider vinegar mixed with fresh vegetable juice and donkey **** from an animal named Lucky would cure all ailments (or something like that), I think he also cleaned his ball with the same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaescrub View Post
    For the most part he is telling the truth.
    1. I also suspected Alien abdication for ice mans disappearance.
    2. The photo was the only one that would fit the size required it's a 40oz of Ol E 800 in a brown paper bag, we had to drink them at our local pub to get our plaque for drinking over 200 different beers. http://www.mcnellies.com
    3. The photo was taking with a old flip phone lol.
    4. I always logged on first thing in the morning to see the banter between them.
    5. I forgot how much I missed being one here reading posts.
    I became convinced he was probably an alien being held captive in the Alzheimer wing of some backwoods nursing home, and only got INTERNET access on occasions where he lifted someone's smart phone, and lost it again when they reported the phone stolen.....

I seriously doubt anyone's comments "drove" him away. Some people just need a break.

And say what you want about Ice's theories, but his Super K suggestion is in my current rotation.

and I thank him

....And save me the time, at what minute mark is it that MikeW fell or is this not "that" video?
    Last edited by bubba809; 03-24-2017 at 08:13 AM.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast