Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urethane balls on Pro Tour.......

A suggestion for all of you: urethane or low reactive resin (BTU) balls are great, but please don't buy one to keep from moving in on a house shot. Personally, I love to use the BTU on the fresh on a house shot to smooth out the over/under reaction that we see when playing near the oil line. As the lanes start to dry up, I'll move left until such time that the BTU is not aggressive enough to get back to the pocket. At that time, I'll make a big jump (7-8 boards with my feet and 4-5 with my eyes) and switch to an aggressive reactive ball. I really don't like non-aggressive balls on the burn for the simple reason that while you can get them to the pocket, you had better throw them perfectly if you expect to carry.

Chats: 2

I couldn't agree more! I've toyed around with my Pitch Blue from time to time, and found it works best during the transition phase of the lanes, not so much on the dry. There really is no forgiveness. I'd rather grab something pearl (lately its been a Street Fight) or if there is a ton of oil in the middle of the lane still, I'll grab my Phaze II. Seems to work out ok with more forgiveness and better carry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12