Thread: Talk Bowling Episode 129: How To Use Ball Reaction Videos To Your Advantage

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Talk Bowling Episode 129: How To Use Ball Reaction Videos To Your Advantage

Published on Mar 23, 2017

Talk Bowling - Episode #129: How To Use Ball Reaction Videos To Your Advantage

Talk Bowling is proud to be bringing you the latest information from the bowling industry, bowling tips and updates from the world’s largest bowling website, bowlingball.com.

Question from YouTube:

Q - Whenever I practice before league I bowl too many games, burn out, and my league scores suffer. What are your tips for practice and practicing effectively?

Question from YouTube:

Q - When watching a Ball Reaction Video, how can I compare one ball to the next? None of the bowlers bowl exactly like me so how do I use them to my advantage?

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 204

Decent answer.

I still think they need more strokers (versus just Curlie...who is an older bowler with the usual "old guy" approach where he can't seem to get low/knee bend/etc...). And, for non-political reasons, I think they need a female bowler. Hammer used to have a female bowler on their videos...and I really liked watching her shots....because it was much closer to my shot...medium speed, stroker, near the track, etc...

I have an impossible question to ask them...I guess I have to go to their youtube page to ask it...??
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

I agree. The brunswick video for the new edge balls features a female bowler, and I could identify with that because she had roughly the same speed, revs, and line as I'm trying to get from my shot. So I had a good idea how that ball might seem for me.
    Seeing a cranker go from gutter to gutter tells me nothing.